lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
txbizman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What EZGO to start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
txbizman, chloe is right on the money......I am in the process of TOTALLY upgrading my drive system (2007 TXT, Series system)....and I mean TOTALLY, for now, I am staying with 36v, but ALL the parts I am going with will handle 48, so that when I get the green down the roiad, the only thing I will have to buy would be batteries and a charger. with that in mind, minus the batteries and/or charger, my total upgraded system was $1202 to my door.
Can you elaborate on those parts? Like are you able to use them with the 36v and then 48 when you switch or just collecting them all to switch everything at once?
txbizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbizman View Post
Can you elaborate on those parts? Like are you able to use them with the 36v and then 48 when you switch or just collecting them all to switch everything at once?
YES, I am running a 36v system, and with the system I just put together (with the help of Scottyb's cartsunlimited.com) once I want to bump it up to 48v, all I will need is to get the new 6-8v (48v battery pack) that sits right into your battery tray, a 48v charger, and a new resistor/diode to go on the solinoid, you are ready to rock and roll.

the parts needed for my upgrade is a new 500 amp controller, HD F&R switch, SuperDuty Solenoid and complete 2 ga. cable set.

I also added a digital voltage gauge for the dash, and a 30 amp DC to DC converter (36v-48v to 12v) to run the lights, horn, and radio insted of tapping into and scavging off of the battery pack.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
txbizman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YES, I am running a 36v system, and with the system I just put together (with the help of Scottyb's cartsunlimited.com) once I want to bump it up to 48v, all I will need is to get the new 6-8v (48v battery pack) that sits right into your battery tray, a 48v charger, and a new resistor/diode to go on the solinoid, you are ready to rock and roll.

the parts needed for my upgrade is a new 500 amp controller, HD F&R switch, SuperDuty Solenoid and complete 2 ga. cable set.

I also added a digital voltage gauge for the dash, and a 30 amp DC to DC converter (36v-48v to 12v) to run the lights, horn, and radio insted of tapping into and scavging off of the battery pack.

Awesome! As soon as I find a donor cart I'm gonna go straight to 48 and give Scotty b's a call!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have never had a 36volt cart but if you are talking $1200 dollars minus cart itself, batteries and a charger why would you buy a 36 volt system if you know you want 48 volts. I spent just under $2000 for my stock RXV which was already 48 volts so all I did was bought new batteries and I am cruising at 28 mph with 23" tires. With a 6" lift and 23" tires 28mph seems borderline scary at times. These lifted carts do not need to go faster. Basically I am just saying I spent on my stock cart $2800 dollars and got 48 volts. Can you buy a 36 volt cart do upgrades to 48 volts including new batteries and charger for less than $2800 and have a brand new looking cart?
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Jerj7907, To answer your question about can you essentially build one for that .. the answer is maybe.. Depends on the price of the original cart.

As for why do a txt when the RXV is already there I would think that is just a choice. As you know the RXVs have only been out since like 08 and the jury is still out as to how the controller will hold up to the abuse of larger tires/wheels. Not saying it won't but not a lot of data out yet.

Yours looks sharp by the way
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is why I openly said what I paid for my RXV now with all the upgrades I have done I have a lot more invested in it. I was really just wondering for myself what way to go as far as money. I was shopping for a lifted golf cart never bought one before and my local dealer asked me to come back the following day and drive his personal cart. Needless to say it was an RXV and I ordered mine and customized it. I talked with him, LCS, Saturday as in 3 days ago and he still says out of all the models and brands he prefers RXV. My front tires are showing about 50% tread and still no problems with my cart as far as reliability. I am 100% biased towards the RXV and I know people have their own opinions, just live Ford vs. Chevrolet! Chevrolet by the way.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #17
txbizman
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerj7907 View Post
I have never had a 36volt cart but if you are talking $1200 dollars minus cart itself, batteries and a charger why would you buy a 36 volt system if you know you want 48 volts. I spent just under $2000 for my stock RXV which was already 48 volts so all I did was bought new batteries and I am cruising at 28 mph with 23" tires. With a 6" lift and 23" tires 28mph seems borderline scary at times. These lifted carts do not need to go faster. Basically I am just saying I spent on my stock cart $2800 dollars and got 48 volts. Can you buy a 36 volt cart do upgrades to 48 volts including new batteries and charger for less than $2800 and have a brand new looking cart?
This is good stuff. Actually I don't know which route to go, my first thought was older cart, buy cheap and invest in controller, batteries etc but I've got a 5k budget so I'm open to whatever gets me the best bang for my buck. The cart will mostly be used off road, some hills, brush etc so mph isn't at the top of my list. Torque and not smoking parts is.... For what you have in yours that's seems really cheap for what it is.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbizman View Post
This is good stuff. Actually I don't know which route to go, my first thought was older cart, buy cheap and invest in controller, batteries etc but I've got a 5k budget so I'm open to whatever gets me the best bang for my buck. The cart will mostly be used off road, some hills, brush etc so mph isn't at the top of my list. Torque and not smoking parts is.... For what you have in yours that's seems really cheap for what it is.
considering this is your main priority.....a series cart (TXT) is your best bet, as the motor is more of a HD unit, as it was made more for a WORK enviroment. which is what your intended use will be.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #19
cvingr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

All very good info, I will look for a clean series TXT cart to start with. I did the same with my Club Car, sounds like EZGO is all pretty much the same. Just wasn`t sure of the EZGO models and what they actually had. Funny, I was so stuck on Club Car when I had it, but know don`t like the looks of them at all anymore...Thanks again all! Hopefully will be getting something going soon.
cvingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #20
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have about $2500 or a bit more in mine, including the paint. The initial investment was $300 for the cart body on a serviceable frame with a serviceable motor. As you can see in my sig line, it has everything we are telling you about. It isn't super fast as a stock TXT will only do 12/13 mph. But it has great torque and is very reliable.
Look for a TXT with useless batteries or brand new batteries. Nothing in between. Depending on the age and condition of the cart you should be looking at around $300 for no batteries to $1500 running with brand new batteries. The numbers will vary by region, but they should be close. Don't forget the charger must be included.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO