lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
txbizman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What EZGO to start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
Look for a TXT with useless batteries or brand new batteries. Don't forget the charger must be included.
Ok now I'm confused. A TXT is a 36v system yes? So if your goal is 48 why would you care about batteries? Unless if I understand right you can add 1 battery and be at 48v, but then the charger is useless?
txbizman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

txbizman, you can get a TXT in either 36v or 48v, the 48 volt pkg came out in 2010 but only in a Fleet Car (available only to golf courses)....so the 36v is more common configuration most people will see. HOWEVER, its possible to find one for sale from a leasing facility or course. OR do as so many people have done and just convert a 36v cart to 48v.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #23
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok now I'm confused. A TXT is a 36v system yes? So if your goal is 48 why would you care about batteries? Unless if I understand right you can add 1 battery and be at 48v, but then the charger is useless?

This is good stuff. Actually I don't know which route to go, my first thought was older cart, buy cheap and invest in controller, batteries etc but I've got a 5k budget so I'm open to whatever gets me the best bang for my buck. The cart will mostly be used off road, some hills, brush etc so mph isn't at the top of my list. Torque and not smoking parts is.... For what you have in yours that's seems really cheap for what it is.

No reason to be confused. You said your original thought was to go cheap. I presented you with a picture of what that route might lead to. If you want 48 volts, make sure the parts you buy are compatible with that system. Use 6 8 volt batteries. You can still star with a cart with no batteries. If you find a cart with new batteries, make sure it is already 48 volt or plan to live with the 36. Mixing in different batteries can result in problems. Were I in your shoes, I would look for a solid TXT with no batteries. Plan to buy a new drive system, (controller, solenoid, FnR switch and cables), along with your 8 volt batteries. If you get the 36 volt charger, you have something to sell and offset the cost of the 48 volt charger. Your total cost should be at or less than $3000
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

To clarify, get a cart with bad batteries. If you get one with no batteries, you'll pay a hefty core charge.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Core charge here is $10 per. But yes, it is an additional cost. I'm guessing some other areas could be a lot more.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

That's less than I remembered, but it was a while back when I bought eight, but only had six cores. Fortunately, I found someone with a school bus battery that ended up returning more than the two cores.

Edit: However, after buying eight T-105s, Alltrax 4855, HD solenoid and FNR cam, 2 AWG cables, lugs, solder and heat-shrink, ExRay, DPI charger, etc. every dollar starts to add up.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

every dollar starts to add up.

That is the key, right there. Keep your expenses under your estimated budget because somewhere along the build, something is going to require more money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO