lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default rev limiter and govenor question

So I recently "un-did" the govenor on my 96 DS by loosening the clamp that attach's to the rod that exits the transaxle. The cart definitely gained top end but running into the rev limiter every few hundred yards and having the cart fall on it's face gets old quickly. I'm currently debating on whether I want to remove the rev limiter and get a tach or just re-set the govenor and let it be.

One thought that I had was to go the "no limiter with a tach" route so that I can have the most speed available when I want it but then when I know others may be driving (like say a weekend at the cabin or something) I can re-set the govenor right quick and leave it governed for the weekend.

With the govenor set the cart won't be achieving high enough RPM's to create an issue or to require a rev limiter right? I am the driver of the cart probably 95% of the time but I like this idea as it will allow me to "fail safe" the cart in situations where I may not be the driver.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: rev limiter and govenor question

I kept adjusting the linkage on my DS until it would not cut out. Figured that was the fastest I could go without hurting the motor.
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car