lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO RXV super loud whining

RXV AC motor system has pretty tight rpm control, so much so that if the wheels start spinning on loose dirt, the controller will throttle back to keep the overall acceleration rate as requested by the currently set "time-to-speed" acceleration settings. It knows how long a golf cart should take to reach its set top speed, based on motor rpm "delta" and wont accelerate much faster than that (even down hill). Built-in traction control, lame. But it is pretty safe to run full throttle on jackstands.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #22
cgtech

Yamaha

I was "demonstrating" that on friday with the much lighter LiIon RXV cart i set up, in a parking lot with dirt patches in it.... Would not go sideways :(
Old 03-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #23
cashfive
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also have a 2010 rxv electric. Mine is pretty loud too. I have a series cart that was on a golf course and according to everyone I have talked to, the settings on mine would require a purchase of new software to speed it up. about $ 300.00
Mine is pretty loud also but I feel like it is the controller settings that makes it back off when it reaches the controller setpoint. The settings are for safety especially on golf courses. Golf courses don't want carts going 20 MPH on their courses. To me it acts like a governor on a gas motor
cashfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #24
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cashfive, what will be your top speed with your new software ?
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashfive View Post
I also have a 2010 rxv electric. Mine is pretty loud too. I have a series cart that was on a golf course and according to everyone I have talked to, the settings on mine would require a purchase of new software to speed it up. about $ 300.00
Mine is pretty loud also but I feel like it is the controller settings that makes it back off when it reaches the controller setpoint. The settings are for safety especially on golf courses. Golf courses don't want carts going 20 MPH on their courses. To me it acts like a governor on a gas motor
Your statements are all 100% correct. I dont remember how much the software update costs, but i do know it will get you 19 mph. Assuming you have stock 18" wheels.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #26
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't understand, i don't have any software, and i do 20-21 mph with my totaly stock rxv ???
Old 03-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #27
cgtech

Yamaha

Maybe with bigger custom wheels (not totally stock). The controller goes 19.5 with the assumption of the diameter of the stock wheels, aftermarket wheels are usually a little bigger diameter than stock, causing a higher top speed (more distance traveled per wheel revolution).
Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #28
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No no, it is totaly stock with the stock tire, ohhh i remember my dealer install a speed chip in it before i take it, but it's a 30$ chip not a 300$ software ...
Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #29
cgtech

Yamaha

Is it the cart in your post picture? Black cart/black wheels? Those are not stock wheels. I work at a ezgo dealer, and i can tell you with 100% confidence that there is no "chip", it is all done with software programming (i have done it many times). all 2010 RXVs have the danaher controller, and it is sped up with the handheld programmer and a code. Any "salesman" who tells you about a "chip" is either blowing smoke, or uninformed and has never done the programming themselves. See below stock golf cart tire.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #30
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No it's not mine, check now i put mine it's not as nice as the black one, but i work on that !! Like i say it's totaly stock for now, what i have, it's a plug under the cup holder, my saleman, tell me it's a speed chip is he right ????

Question for you cgtech, if you work for an ez go dealer, why do you have a yamaha ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO