lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #61
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV super loud whining

So they just came back to pick up the cart for the 3rd time. Now there is a crackling sound that is there all the time but you can hear it loudest when at very slow speeds, like when I'm pulling out of the basement. Then, when cruising there is a sort of metal on metal dragging sound. The mechanic who picked it up thinks both of them are related to the brake.

Yesterday, I sent a very direct email to the owner of the place on how unacceptable this all has been, and how if it doesn't get fixed and delivered as he originally promised when I purchased the cart, then more action will be taken. I also told him how ridiculous it is to have his other mechanic trying to convince me that the loud whine and other noises are "normal", when we all know they are not. As of today, it turns out that mechanic was fired for basically doing piss-poor work and then trying to play it off to customers. I think the owner made a good move as this guy was hurting the business and dissatisfying customers such as myself.

Anyways, I'll keep ya posted as to what the issue is in this case.
jbrzezinski14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #62
jbrzezinski14
Not Yet Wild

Everything is new except the motor at this point, and there is still a sound, so the dealership is putting in a brand spanking new motor later next week. Sweet!
jbrzezinski14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #63
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrzezinski14 View Post
Hi guys, first post, but been doing a lot of reading on here and you guys know your stuff! I just bought a refurb 2010 EZGO RXV. Love everything about it except its loud. Very very loud. When the guy dropped it off, he said everyone asks them about the whining noise in these things and he said its normal. There is also some fluid leaking on the floor under the rear diff where I park it.

Well, there's no way this is normal. Follow the link to a video to give you an idea of what I mean. The speaker is picking up a lot of wind noise, thus muffling the whining noise a bit, but you'll get the drift. Its loud enough that people turn heads from 50 yards away and its tough to have a conversation with the person sitting next to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P4K...e_gdata_player

Is this normal and what the heck is making all that racket?

John
That actually sounds a lot like my wife's 2009 RXV! Yours may be just a tad bit louder, but it's almost the same. No fluid leaking from her cart, however. She's been wanting me to find out more information about the whine, so I did a search on the site. Seems like it's somewhat common on RXVs.
Balthazar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:50 AM   #64
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

My 2011 has a little whine while taking off but sounds like a jet when slowing down. It's not super loud by any means but it does do it. Taking off is much quieter when slowing down. I don't think it's anything abnormal.

Mine is not near as loud as the video posted by jbrzez...
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #65
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Did they ever put in a new motor? I'd be curious if that fixed the problem. I had an RXV and it made a low whining noise but no issues with performance.
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #66
shagg
Not Yet Wild

I have exact same noise in 2008 ezgo rxv. took motor out and down to my buddy that fixes electric motor for a living. he said its in perfect shape. I took out the input gear which was pretty easy once motor is out, just pop out seal and snap ring and it wiggles out. Bearings very smooth. The teeth that mesh with the counter gear are very pitted and can see the hardened surface worn off. I am sure this is the noise. Trying to find a cheap input shaft to see if reduces noise and I'll let you know.
shagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #67
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

100% same noise as my 2008 Rxv Freedom. From what I've read on here, it's kinda normal. But, I would love to "fix" it for good. Keep us posted!
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #68
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Input shaft bearings first (can be done with axle in the cart, not big money). While input shaft is out for bearings, inspect it, if it looks bad then input shaft while it's open. If the input shaft looks too horrible, the gear it mates to will be in equally bad shape. Thats when it gets more expensive, axle has to come out for new intermediate shaft gear too. There is a point where a whole new axle makes sense, at least then you get all new "everything".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO