lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
steve11973
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1991 Club Car

Hey to all. I'm new here and sounds like some good folks hanging around that are very wise and helpful!
My cart has the old flat head engine in it. It runs good but the governor arm was broken and the guy before me JB welded it.
Well the other day the kids were out on it and it quit so they pushed it back home. Upon inspection I noticed the governor arm was missing the top 2".
I'm having trouble finding one. I thought someone here may have one for sale.
Please let me know if you can help!!
steve11973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: 1991 Club Car

Either that or bypass it completely. I dont know how to on the older ones, and maybe not such a good idea anyway since your kids are driving around.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You can't bypass that arm, that's not governor arm, it's part of the throttle mechanism. The actual governor arm is simply that long rod that goes from the carb back to the rear axle. I would keep an eye on the classified section. I had an extra one but I gave it to another member last year who needed one.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
dbensen
Not Yet Wild

I keep looking at the part and thinking that if you weren't worried about the "factory" appearance, you could probably have one made. If you have the part that broke off you would be able to backwards engineer it. I have no idea how much someone would charge but there are a lot of small low volume shops around that could make that part. I agree that it would be nice to have an original, but if it gets you going and keep the little ones from grenading it, it might be an option. Just thinking. Keep us posted, Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
steve11973
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That is definitely another option. I just figured someone had an old flat head with that part still on it. It's looking doubtful though.
The other end fell off when it broke, I guess. One of my buddies has that year cart and I got a picture of his so I can start trying to get one made or rig up something that will work.
steve11973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car