lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #11
scb71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Headlights and taillights - not working

Thanks guys.
I was testing the voltage by putting the positive lead from my meter to the wires at the light connection and then putting the black wire from the meter to a bolt or metal on the cart. I'd see 12v on the readout when I was on what I assume is the hot wire. I did the same at the wire in and out of the switch.
Is there something else I should try?

Also- the ground I see if bolted to the frame near the battery. This is the main ground from what I can tell as there is also a thick gauge ground strap from the opposite side of the frame (same bolt) that attaches to the battery. I also noticed when I disconnected that bolt just to check it out that the car would not start. I guess the starter may be grounded there as well? Just appeared that way as I disconnected it to see if maybe the connection was bad. When I did it I dropped the nut and then tried to drive the cart forward to find the nut. It wouldn't drive. I later connected it all back and the cart drives but this did nothing for the lights.
scb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #12
krashhole
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If you are 100% sure you have voltage going and coming from the switch and have voltage at each light when the switch is on then it would have to be the bulbs. You need to probe each wire where the bulb sits and make sure you have ground.
krashhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #13
scb71
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How do I probe and test for ground? I tested for voltage with a multi-meter but am not sure how to test for ground.

It's not the bulbs - already put in new bulbs and no change.

For what it's worth I bought a test light thing yesterday but have not opened it. Is that going to be more helpful than the meter?

thanks again

Last edited by scb71; 04-28-2014 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: addition
scb71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights, repair, trouble
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car