lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #11
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: HELP WITH BAD BOY BUGGY 2013 Recoil IS

Curtis 123x controllers will always blink.

A steady 1sec yellow is the heartbeat meaning no active faults. The red will blink to indicate the code digit 1st or 2nd and yellow will blink the value. As it was said the code you have is 74 (1 red 7 yellow 2 red 4 yellow)

74 on this system means there is an issue with the slave control (front motor control, the one that does not have pin 19 populated) check that one for a fault.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
Skywalker1020
Not Yet Wild

Hello ,
I have a 2017 Bad Boy Buggie Recoil IS. It is a 72v setup with 9 brand new 8volt Trojan batteries. I can seem to only get about an hour of run time with this car, I replaced the batteries thinking that it was an issue but the problem still remains. The car runs great on a full charge but after about 2-3 miles the state of charge meter shows almost empty and the car is very sluggish. Any help or direction would be great. Thank you.
Skywalker1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
mjroman20
Gone Wild

I would first measure the bank voltage at several points.
1. Fresh off the charger
2. When the vehicle is working normally - while running at a mild speed.
3. When the vehicle is running slugglishly.
4. Same as above but while at 0 throttle.

If you have a handset I would also check what the BDI % reads when the vehicle is running normally vs when its slowed down.

These controllers have a few parameters related to the BDI and if BBB decided to use that data to activate a cutback speed at low voltage the issue may be there. There are several settings that may need to be tweeked - especially if your new batteries are vastly different from the OEM.

Volts Per Cell
Empty Volts Per Cell
Undervoltage cutback %

If the BDI appears to be stuck at a low number it may be that one of those settings is wrong. Typically the BDI will not reset to 100% until it first drops below 75% then is put on a charger and keyed on after a full charge, the controller needs to detect slightly higher than nominal voltage to reset (usually 5~10% over rated I think)
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:33 PM   #14
branden9874
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker1020 View Post
Hello ,
I have a 2017 Bad Boy Buggie Recoil IS. It is a 72v setup with 9 brand new 8volt Trojan batteries. I can seem to only get about an hour of run time with this car, I replaced the batteries thinking that it was an issue but the problem still remains. The car runs great on a full charge but after about 2-3 miles the state of charge meter shows almost empty and the car is very sluggish. Any help or direction would be great. Thank you.
Did you resolve your issue? I’m having the same issue.
branden9874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO