lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lessen Gas Pedal Spring Pressure?

I have a 2005 Club Car Precedent gas model with the fe290. I use hand controls to operate the gas and brake pedals and my baby girl loves to take long rides with her Daddy :) Happy to admit this is one of my favorite things we get to do together and I can only hope she still wants to take our long rides together for many years to come, I digress lol. So, since I am using hand controls my arm gets very tired having to hold the gas pedal down constantly. And finally, my question... Is there a way to decrease the spring pressure on the gas pedal? Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6D28A05D-9265-45E5-9EBA-58EB5B7DBFDF.jpg (135.0 KB, 0 views)
05CCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lessen Gas Pedal Spring Pressure?

My first question is: Are you sure it's in the carts throttle and NOT part of the hand control modification? The gas pedal on those doesn't usually have much back pressure. Without seeing how the modifications were done on yours I'm not sure what to suggest. You do NEED to have enough return pressure to make sure the cart defaults to "pedal up" every time.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #3
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the reply! And yes sir it is in the peddle. My controls are portable and just clamp on to the pedals so no mods needed for install. The gas peddle doesn’t seem to have much force pushing back against your foot because you have to consider how much your leg weighs vs me just using my hand, and it’s not bad for short runs... It’s just when my baby girl wants to cruise for awhile my hand/arm get real tired. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 04-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could you include a picture of your arrangement? Might be able to extend the existing pedal itself, and increase your leverage?
Old 04-17-2022, 07:11 AM   #5
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

meimk, first I want to say thank you for your replies! I know it has been a stretch since I posted this thread but wanted to give an update in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread or has the same issue…

Update: I figured out 2 modifications! *BE ADVISED* {I am not recommending anyone try either of these mods just posting for informative purposes only}
Mod #1: (and the one I am still currently using) I removed the pedal return spring assembly. It still has enough tension to fully pull the pedal back to position without my hand controls being attached so if someone else takes the cart without my knowledge and they don’t know about the mod it will not accelerate uncontrollably. It does however make it extremely easy to push the accelerator pedal down and with the weight of my hand controls it stays at the desired speed/location, which both acts as somewhat of a cruise control and also doesn’t put any strain on my arm so win win. I do have to pull the pedal back to return position manually since it stays at whatever position I push it to. I do remove the controls so my daughter can drive now. She did use the hand controls before the mod but since it was so hard to push down she basically went from stop to full throttle over and over LOL which was a little irritating to say the least
Second, I made a cruise control switch out of the gear adjustment lever used on multi gear bicycles. I like it and it is also handy but does not have an auto disengage therefore I cannot recommend this adaptation either for safety reasons. Like I stated previously these mods are for informative purposes only…
Old 04-17-2022, 05:19 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm glad you worked something out that works for you. Ironically about the time you originally posted I had a cart come in to undo hand controls from a previous owner. In that case (EZGO TXT) they had removed and cut away much of the pedal assemblies.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:41 AM   #7
05CCP
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Aw man that stinks for the person that bought it! I use portable hand control that clamp to each pedal and can be taken off or put on in 10-15 seconds with no modifications needed to the cart. Pretty sweet setup
Old 07-07-2022, 06:27 AM   #8
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

In my case I ended up searching E-Bay for a used entire pedal box assembly. A little pricy, but it worked out just fine. The guy who bought the cart at auction got it at a pretty good price. I think because the modifications scared some potential buyers away. He came out OK in the end.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car