lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Lake Rider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New motor and controller help

I had posted here where our cart took a roll in to the lake,
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...went-lake.html

Well I`m looking for a new motor and controller that will give me a little more torque than stock but really dont need much increase in speed. If a motor only option was available with stock controller this would work also. This is all a unplanned repair on a lake house cart so big $$ to switch it all over really isnt wanted.

I have found the following motor from the cartzone
1-2 High Torque Electric Motor, can work in stock cart.. 16mph 20% more torque 9.4 HP 3700 RPM. For Club Car Series. Get even more torque with 400 amp (40%), 500 amp (50%) speed controller.

Would the following controller work if needed with this motor?
NPX4844

Thanks for any help. I can fix a gas car, motors and the like but throw this electric cart in the works and I`m not sure what works together and wont....

1995 Club Car 48volt
A9527-442901
Lake Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New motor and controller help

you could send it in to EMP and they could rewind it for more torque. or Plum Quick
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
Lake Rider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any other help on the above motor and controller combo?
Would like to order them today if possible so I can get this going again.

BlackHornet,
Thanks for the suggestion. Its been a thought but the warranty with a new one is a little appealing seeing the old one is in pretty bad shape. Thats the reason I am now looking at replacing bothe the Motor and controller as a set for better performance and reliablilty.......
Old 07-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Be sure and read/understand that warranty!! All too often it has to fail aboard an airliner, on a full moon at 12Noon in order to trigger a 20% parts discount. See forum sponsor list as they have been checked out pretty well. Warranties for us do-it-your-selfers are pretty slim.
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Lake Rider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcannow View Post
Be sure and read/understand that warranty!! All too often it has to fail aboard an airliner, on a full moon at 12Noon in order to trigger a 20% parts discount. See forum sponsor list as they have been checked out pretty well. Warranties for us do-it-your-selfers are pretty slim.
I actually was going to buy them from the Carts Zone from the sponsor list...Yeah I know about the crazy warranties some people impose on their products.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car