lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Dave Henneman
Not Yet Wild

Red face Marathon speed/governor? adjustment help

Hello to all. I am new to the forum and have recently fixed up an '80s model Marathon for my father. He has two artificial hips and recently broke the bone around one of them. My question has to do with the accelerator pedal operation. Most people want their carts to go faster, but I am afraid that in the rough terrain of our fields/roads this cart may go too fast for my dad's comfort. It seems that with my particular cart either the engine is at full throttle all of the time, or it is stopped. I was wondering if the pedal has the ability to vary cart speed, or if it is just an "on-off switch" for the engine. I know that the governor cable on the cart is broken. The end of the governor pivot that rides against the driven clutch also appears to be missing something as it just has a small aluminum "rivet" protruding. I am unfamiliar with carts and would appreciate any help in understanding the governor and vehicle speed adjustments that can be made. This would greatly help my dad get around our place. Thanks so much for your help.

Regards from Colorado,
Dave Henneman

jmhenneman@frontier.net
Dave Henneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Marathon speed/governor? adjustment help

I know the engine shouldn't run that way (wide open or not) this sounds like a adjustment is needed to get the switch that controls the ignition to turn on before the throttle is pressed, (in the pedal box in the floorboard of the cart) OR, on the older models, cables will start sticking and not work right, causing this to happen. I have no diagrams on how the throttle/governor system should be and really don't remember much of it. Maybe someone that has a manual can post pics and info on this.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO