lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
MadCow
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart Identification

Can someone help a dummy out? I have a 2001 EZGO TXT electric cart. I know this from the last two digits on the model tag(G101 or something close to that). I don't know what kind it is though(DCS, Non-DCS, PDS or even if there is another type.). I have done a lot of searching and plundering around on this messageboard and have looked at my cart. Here is what I can tell you. On the dash, there is nothing there other than the key. Under the seat on the passengers side there is a bigger black box kind of standing straight up and sloped towards the back and there is not a toggle switch on it. There is also a second smaller black box right in front of it. Is that enough info to identify my cart?

I ask all of that to ask a bigger question. I have had this thing for several years and replaced all six batteries about a year to a year and a half ago. About a month ago it started not holding a charge. I checked the water in them and I guess I let them all get low on water. I filled them with distilled water and recharged them. Everything seemed OK for a few days and now all of a sudden when you hit the gas it will surge for just a couple feet and then just vibrate and basically stop. I cleaned all of the battery connections and it did not help. Is it possible that I damaged the batteries? I have not checked the voltage on the batteries because I do not own a battery tester. I am in the process of getting one but just do not have it right now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also just to let you know this is not your everyday golf cart. I live on a big farm and we have hogs so we use it everyday going back and forth. We have used it for anything you can imagine.
MadCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Cart Identification

I can tell you right off the cart is a series style cart. (non-dcs or pds) If you let them get too low then yes its possible the batteries could get damaged. I am a big critic on bad connections. I would double and tripple check all your connections, F/R switch contacts, battery and motor connections...you just need to eliminate everything before you can say its the batteries. Does the charger shut off after its cycle or does it keep charging until you unplug it? A charger that keeps charging is a shure sign something is up wether it be a cable or a battery.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
MadCow
Not Yet Wild

First of all thanks for the reply.

"I can tell you right off the cart is a series style cart. (non-dcs or pds)"

How can I tell which one? non-dcs or pds that is.

"F/R switch contacts"

Is that Front & Rear or Foreward and Reverse? Also, are these in the dash?

"Does the charger shut off after its cycle or does it keep charging until you unplug it? A charger that keeps charging is a shure sign something is up wether it be a cable or a battery."

This could be the answer because it does not cut off. I can charge it overnight and it is still charging in the morning.
MadCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #4
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

how do you find out what year a cart is??? I believe mine is 77-78?? thanks for the help
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

MadCow, from your description you have a 2001 TXT Series/Fleet cart. It is not DCS, it is not PDS.

Letting batteries get low on water can kill them. We could talk till we're blue in the face, but until you get a digital multimeter in there and get some readings, it doesn't matter. So far, it sounds like a battery issue.

When you cleaned the terminals did you remove the cables or just clean the corrosion off the outside?

Did you check both ends of EVERY cable? All the way down to the motor?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #6
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

can someone ID my new cart? x444-4gl model
1444x1510 ser
Attached Images
File Type: jpg after wax.jpg (52.4 KB, 7 views)
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtbone49 View Post
can someone ID my new cart? x444-4gl model
1444x1510 ser
mtrbone, Yes they can Id your cart....but first you need to start your own posting to ask the question. You shouldn't burst into a conversation and expect someone to answer....so go to what is it? ezgo electric (or gas) and give as much info as possible and I certain you will get the info you want. And WELCOME to the forum.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO