lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #11
carolinasled
Dum Spiro Spero

Default Re: lights quit working

Have you checked the voltage behind each light yet?
carolinasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #12
kyle.malone
Not Yet Wild

No i have not. I will be able to check the voltage tomorrow night behind the lights. but will not be able to respond on findings until Wednesday. I am also curious if the light switch went out. Is there an easy way to check?
kyle.malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle.malone View Post
This is what the front end looks like. So i am told by my father-in-law that this is how he bought it from the dealer in '92.
Kyle, that is excellent that you have the luxury of the assurance that this is the way it was originally set up.....now, are you sure there isn't a small box about 3x5x1.5 inches somewhere that the lights hooked up to? Have you downloaded a wiring diagram from this site? It will show you what to expect. You will need it to rewire the cart. And you will need a voltage meter from any auto store or home depot. I can tell you that the reason there are a lot of wires for lights is the electric carts use a two wire system. There is no body ground as in a 12v system. So each light will have a positive and negative wire going to it. You test the light with a voltage meter see what is going in constantly or with the key on (?) and see what is coming out when you pull the switch. Very good! An excellent place to start. Got that voltmeter handy yet? you can work lights with a reg 12v tester but one wrong move and you cook the tester bulb or? So face it - you are going to need a voltmeter to check those pricey new batteries you have. It's an investment.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #14
carolinasled
Dum Spiro Spero

Buy a volt meter. I wouldnt use a test light. You can check the switch with the meter also to see if there is any continuity running threw it. Most meters have continuity option. You can also check fuse's with that same function with out pulling a fuse. The meter will read from left to right or a digital meter will make a noise if the continuity is good.

You can get a good meter at either anywhere. Of coarse I will tell you to visit your local radio shack, Just because my old man has owned one for like 20years. But I have other meters in my garage. You can get them at harbor freight for like $5 and usually at sears for around $10 on sale.

Goodluck
carolinasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #15
kyle.malone
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for everyones help. I will go buy a voltmeter and test before any wires are removed. I have also just looked at the wirings schematics for the carts on BGW. Thanks again for everyones help.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle.malone View Post
Thanks for everyones help. I will go buy a voltmeter and test before any wires are removed. I have also just looked at the wirings schematics for the carts on BGW. Thanks again for everyones help.
Yes, do it like a pro! print the wiring diagram and take it with you to the cart. Make sure it is the same as your cart as there are many to choose from. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #17
kyle.malone
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for everyone's help. The diagram worked like a charm. used a voltmeter and found that no juice was making it to the lights. Took about an hour to figure out all the wires, but one was hooked up wrong. NOW THE LIGHTS WORK. once again thanks for everyones help.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hey kyle, you did all the work. If we helped we just got lucky..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO