lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Default EzGo wiring help

Hi everyone, new here with much needed help.My neighbor called me to look at their mid 80's Electric cart because it quit.I noticed the brush with the spring that hits the contacts was melted and come out the accelerator bracket and was just hanging from the soleniod, they had a older late 70's junk Ezgo and the bracket with the brush was the same so I replaced it as well as 2 of the contacts,I hit the pedal after getting it back together and it run wide open from the start with a blue flame where the brush meets the contacts.The owner said it run wide open time he hit the pedal just before it quit and I assume that was the initial cause due to the same problem after I replaced the part,I caught it before it melted this one "brush". What could be wrong,all the wiring looks ok.Thanks
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: EzGo wiring help, fire

I beleive this is the ezgo wiring diagram you will need. If one of the resistor coils is broken it will cause symptoms you described. Check all your cables and make sure they are clean and tight...and then check them again. The connections at the speed resistor coils get rusted pretty bad...make sure those connections are good too.

Image courtesy of imageshack.us
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1884/ezgo3bf8.jpg
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Here is a pic or the part I replaced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc1.jpg (113.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #4
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply,I'll check the resister coils this afternoon
Old 04-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Looking at the diagram at 1234 that goes to the resister,the cart I'm working on has 5 contacts but only 4 wires running to the resister?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
Looking at the diagram at 1234 that goes to the resister,the cart I'm working on has 5 contacts but only 4 wires running to the resister?

Yes...If I remember correctly the bottom contact is just a rest and nothing should be connected to that terminal.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #7
CharlieH
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EzGo wiring help

Well I got the cart running,I used the speed resistor from the older cart which was mounted in the rear of the cart unlike the one I've been tinkering on but I got it to fit in the housing with some slight bending, this resistor may not be correct though?? I am having trouble with the wire that runs from the solenoid to the 2nd from the bottom contact "#1 in diagram" on the accelerator board,when this wire is connected the cart creeps without pressing the pedal,so I disconnected it and the cart works perfect but I'm getting arcing at the accelerator board if the pedal is lightly pressed but no issues when the brush wipes past the 2nd contact, a buddy said I need to sand the contacts as well as the brush to cure this,I pulled the board out and there are some light burs and pitting on the brush,will this cause the arcing? Thanks again,Charles
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO