lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
robsezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default No Power On Full Thottle

I just purchased a 93 ezgo cart, which runs good but, at full thottle it just quits. If let off pedal all the way it goes again until press pedal too far.
robsezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: No Power On Full Thottle

Throttle pot is either out of adjustment and throwing the controller into a fault or your throttle pot is bad. The pot should read 0-5k ohm....0 being no throttle and 5k being wide open. You will need a volt/ohm meter to check it.

If it starts to move again after you let off the pedal thats because the controller is going into fault then it will reset when you let off the throttle. (which shuts the power off too)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
robsezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info but, what is the thottle pot? Iam a service mgr at a gm dealership but have no knowledge of golf carts.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Whats the serial number of the cart, I wanna be sure it has a pot.(potentimeter)

If it has a pot box it will have a rod going from the underside of the cart to the battery area.......lets see.....is there a black cover on the passenger side area toward the wheel well under the seat? If it has that cover it will have a newer ITS type throttle.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome robsezgo................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
robsezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks For The Help Roady, The Serial # Is 746149 And Manuf Code Is E3093. I Dont See Any Black Box On Pass Side. I See One In The Center Between The 6 Batteries.

Ps Thanks For The Welcome Rusty.

Thanks Rob
Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Whats the serial number of the cart, I wanna be sure it has a pot.(potentimeter)

If it has a pot box it will have a rod going from the underside of the cart to the battery area.......lets see.....is there a black cover on the passenger side area toward the wheel well under the seat? If it has that cover it will have a newer ITS type throttle.

If for sure a 93 then its a Marathon and almost certain a potentiometer right by controller.
Actually, a 93 can be resistor or controller.
1994 was transition year to Medalist and ITS.
The pot can be adjusted. It is a touchy little bugger tho'
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
robsezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Should I try to adjust the linkage on the thottle so it does not travel so far? According to previous owner I just bought cart from said it worked fine when he put it away for the year and only did this after he charged it. I have read about reseting the tow/haul switch. does my cart have one. Thanks for any help.

Rob
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #9
robsezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After, further diag. I have found cart accels fine up to half thottle, past that point the motor quits. If let up less than half the motor re-engages. At first thought you had to let up all the way but, that is not the case.

Rob
Old 05-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #10
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Roady gave you sound advice. Still sounds like pot is out of whack.
Make sure key is off and F-N-R is in neutral. ( <-- Safest way is to put on jack stands)
Take black cover off and potentiometer is just in front of controller. You can see its function when you press accelerator.
Check the pot resistance with meter. Should be black and white wires to pot. Should be smooth from 0 to 5k ohms. 0 ohms at no throttle smooth to 5k ohms at WOT. If pot gets over 5k the problem you are describing can occur.
As I posted above, pot can be adjusted but it is very touchy.

Last edited by pggroves; 05-19-2008 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Safest best practice added!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO