lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What to do?

I have a 2006 TXT PDS cart currently with a mild lift, (see avatar) with 22 x 11 x 10 Rhox Maohave II bounce houses tires. Except for the lift, wheels and tires, paint job and electrical add ons ( run off a separate 12 volt accessory battery), it is a stock cart.

Last year I installed new Crown batteries along with ScottB's 2 gauge cable set and in dash DVM.

Just took it out for a 1/2 hour run and after 10 minutes rest the voltage pack is back to 38.3v.

Now I'm feeling performance is a bit lacking. Top speed is not bad, but acceleration especially on mild hills is a bit lacking.

I am not adverse to going with a slightly smaller street type tire ( which is where the cart travel s the most)And will probably do.

And with the battery pack being only a year old, I don't think it's to late to add more batteries.

Gotta quit reading the upgrade posts.

So I am asking if you had a $1000 budget, what would you do, excluding wheels and tires?

1 additional battery, controller, upgrade motor with more ScottgB cables?
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to do?

Converting to 48v was the best thing I ever did. Controller, charger, 2 batteries, couple of wires and solenoid should stay in the $1000 budget.

But, since the new Alltrax XCT controller is now available, I believe I would install that first and then go all the way to 48v if still needed.

If it were me, I would call scottyb and get his take.

Did I mention 48v was the best thing I ever did?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm hesitant to try a new product, until they have worked all the bugs out.

No insult intended, but has the Alltrax XCT been field tested enough to know that it's reliable? If not hardware, is the firmware good?

I once built a gaming computer for my son's friend, using the latest and greatest parts. I was literally going to mail them back the same day a new BIOS came out, which fixed the problem, so firmware/software problems can be fixed. Hardware generally can't, but Alltrax has a GREAT reputation.

Sorry to highjack.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So is this the new Alltrax JohnnieB is getting?

Is a stock motor up to the task, at least temporarily?

Just ran it pretty hard for 20 minutes, all cables under seat cool, motor you could hold your hand on for a couple seconds, cable near motor studs a little warm.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes and yes.

I would watch this thread for a little while. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xct400pds.html

Patience grasshopper.

If it were me.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:38 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Yes and yes.

I would watch this thread for a little while. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xct400pds.html

Patience grasshopper.

If it were me.
Thanks. Just asking for potential buyers. My AXE is quite happy, but they've been around for a while.

Notice it was mentioned to upgrade to version 2.08. That tells me that version 1 had problems.

Again, new stuff sometimes has issues that firmware can fix.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #7
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Yes and yes.

Patience grasshopper.

If it were me.
Watching as they apparently work out the quirks and waiting for a package on the ScottyB site!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #8
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

How about an update:

I have had the XCT500 controller package from Scotty since fall of 2015, only problem is it is still in the shipping package. Never got installed. Was an employer longevity gift, so cost was zero.

Spring of 2016 I installed 2 new Energizer 235 AH batteries on my camper.

Now that my available time to camp is coming to an end, I am thinking of adding these one season of use 235 AH batteries to the 6, 2 seasons of use Crown 220 AH batteries I put in the 2006 TXT for a 48 volt upgrade.

So now my cost would be a few new cables and a new DPI charger.

I'm thinking a bagwell install and ditching the rear seat for now.

Could a stock motor survive???

Last edited by gwh1bass; 08-23-2016 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure how long the mixed batteries will last, but it'll work.

Turn the XCT500 down to 400A with the stock motor and set the RPM limit to 6000 and the stock PDS motor will survive, but with 22" tires it won't last forever.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #10
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you think mixing battery manufacturers or AH ratings will impact the older batteries?

I am willing to "sacrifice" the newer Energizer higher rated (235 AH) rated batteries pulled down to the year older Crown 220 AH rated batteries as I can rebuy the Energizer's next spring at a discounted price for my trailer. But if I was to ruin the entire mixed battery pack, do not want to do that. Cannot get the Crown's locally anymore.

And I cannot recall if the DPI chargers are voltage specific or switchable between 42 and 48?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO