lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #41
Txluke
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: In Dash Stereo Alternative

I just have my ipod running to the amp.
Txluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #42
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txluke View Post

I just have my ipod running to the amp.
. . now that is NEAT and innovative . . . multipurpose . . . just plugs into 12v dash accessory outlet?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #43
Txluke
Not Yet Wild

It has a battery. It will play for at least 12hrs. It has a kenwood amp and Polk Audio marine grade speakers. I made this one simple and small. The one before this was huge. I had a marine deep cycle battery, an amp, head unit, external sirius radio, a karaoke player, an inverter for the karaoke machine, a 7" screen for the karaoke machine and LED's. It weighed a ton and was no fun pulling up the bank of the river when you were drunk after a tube float.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #44
ptucker255
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I hate this site!, jk.....now I must build one of these!!! Nice work Txluke!
ptucker255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #45
Txluke
Not Yet Wild

Just hit up the forum at motorboatyourself.com, I am txluke their too. Get some ideas and some help. They have everything from tiny lunchbox coolers to huge ones with multiple subs and monster truck tires. Y'all are more than helpful to me here with my questions and we are the same helping others build cooler stereos.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
jedotx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just completed my stereo install in my 2000 CC DS. I bought a cable that connects to the docking port on my phone. It charges the phone and plays the music through the same port. It also has an external volume control. I used a Marine grade amp (clarion XN3210 2 channel) and mounted it in the right side glove box. The crossovers for the speakers are also mounted in the glove box on each side. The speakers are Polk Audio marine grade 5 1/4 component (MM521). The speakers are mounted into pods that I bought from Crutchfield (they are intended for under the door on a jeep CJ but fit perfect under the CC DS dash). I did have to trim some of the bottom of the stretch plastics dash to fit over the speaker pods. There is an on/off switch for the amp mounted under the headlight switch on the dash. The external volume control is mounted in the front of the cup holders. I used an auxillary battery (12 volt 17.2 AH sealed) to run the system and mounted it in the battery bay behind the cart batteries.
This was not the cheapest set up (I lost track of total dollars spent) but the sound is incredible. The cable for the phone is in the left side glove box but is long enough to pull out and set in the cup holder or a mount if I choose to add one. I cut a small slot in the corner of the door opening allowing you to close the door with the cable running out of the corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart stereo 001.jpg (145.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart stereo 002.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart stereo 003.jpg (122.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart stereo 005.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart stereo 007.jpg (118.7 KB, 0 views)
jedotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car