lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
Mrbruin2k
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 DCS battery question

Have a DCS for the past few years and couple of my batteries are done. Need to buy a whole new pack (36v). I am going to order all new wiring along w voltage step down regulator for accessories as they were wired direct and this led to losing some of my pack. I just use it to cruise around neighborhood w the wife and kids. All on road and no long distance usage. Question is what would the drawback to using the 208ah Interstate Costco batteries instead of 225ah Trojan batteries. From my reading the main aspect of higher ah pack would be for longer operational time? Would the lower battery pack cause less amps to go from controller to motor or it would just shorten my overall run time? Difference in price here in SoCal is $84 for Interstate and $127 for Trojan T105. Since it is more of a fun toy rather than a necessity, the cost difference is too much in my opinion but want to be sure I don't lose on performance.

Also if I went with lower pack could I still add 400a controller upgrade and get the same results, just shorter run time as well?

Thanks!
Mrbruin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 DCS battery question

Yes, your understanding is correct
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Factor in that the higher AH batteries will probably last a little longer because you won't discharge them as far. Battery life is longest when the batteries spend their life near full charge.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If discharged by 100AH daily, the T-105 batteries would last about 3 months longer than the Interstate batteries, however due to the lower initial cost, the interstate batteries are the best bang for the buck at $0.37/day over their lifespan vs $0.53/day for the T-105 batteries.

At the same SoC, both sets will have roughly the same performance, but due to the lower AH capacity, you won't be able to travel as far before the cart performance is noticeably reduced. If you aren't driving very far, you probably never notice it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #5
Mrbruin2k
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for confirming the info. Now time to drop some $$$ at Costco and get cruising.
Mrbruin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:30 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You heard it, get in those carts and get cruising
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO