lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV will not move

Working on a 09 RXV that will not move. I have read 2 or 3 other threads related to this problem, and the posts are all over the place. People are hijacking the thread rite in the middle of the thread originator getting helpful answers to his problem. So I don't know what question is getting answered. lol.

Anyway I'll stop whining now, lol.. I have performed about 20 different test on this rxv using the RXV- Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide. There are a few tests that checked out OK in the guide, but after reading a few threads on here I'm getting a little confused.

The first test I'm referring to is the voltage test at the brake connection when in tow mode. A. Manual says 12 - 14 V is within spec, (I tested 12.2 V) if the voltage is within that range move on to next step. B. The thread I read said if I have power to the break, and cart still wont move then it could be a bad brake. Sooo??? A or B ??? Another test is the brake solenoid test. A. It seems there is no brake solenoid installed. Located by the key switch is a grey wire connected to a 6 pin harness connector, and the purple and red wires have been cut. The purple and red wire have female spade connectors on them now, and they are located about where the brake solenoid is supposed to be, but they are not connected to anything. This cart was operating last week wired the way it is now. B. I read in a thread that it has to have the brake solenoid to operate. Sooo?? A or B????

One more question for now, I was reading in that same thread that the charge port could cause the "TWIST TEST" to fail. I washed the entire cart before pulling it into my shop this past Friday. Cart sat outside drying all day Saturday and Sunday. Today (Monday) when I pulled it in I noticed the little green led on the charge port was lit up so I blew some air into the connection and the light went out. I was just wondering if that light being lit when the charger is not plugged could be a sign of something other than a wet condition.
cdscycleandatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV will not move

the green led indicated that the port thought a charger was plugged in, that would disqualify the cart from driving. this circuit can be checked by looking for voltage on the blue wire at the rear of the charge port, voltage present = allowed to drive, no voltage = no driving. the little red & purple wires do go to the "brake solenoid", but its not what you are thinking, its only job is to activate a relay to turn the Brake Lights on (for factory lights equipped carts), has nothing to do at all with the cart driving, brake unlocking ect.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I'm going to assume you checked the start/Stop switch?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll check that voltage on the blue wire now. I forgot to mention when I turn the key to R,N,F it sounds like it's going through the pre-check just fine, solenoid clicks, cricket sound, then brake does a double thumb. Cart will not roll in tow mode. Under the black cover over the controller I have to disconnect the #1 connector from #2 and plug #1 into #3 then it will roll by pushing of course. I have checked and cleaned all the battery connections. I have a digital battery tester that I'm still learning how to use, but I was able to get the CCA of each Trojan T-1275 battery's. They were all around 500 CCA if that even relates to anything in regards to carts. I'm a Cycle and ATV Tech. so I'm not sure what to look for other than voltage when it comes to the Batts. Oh, system is at 47.6 V.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #5
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

blue wire has 20.6 v
Old 08-08-2016, 09:06 PM   #6
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Another thing that I thought was odd is when I was reconnecting the negative battery connection there was pretty good spark, and the key was in the off position. To me that says something is drawing current, and with the key off there shouldn't be a current (amp) draw. But was thinking maybe there is on a cart. Don't know???
Old 08-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #7
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I'm going to assume you checked the start/Stop switch?
I'm just now getting to the start/stop switch. You are referring to the keyed R/N/F Switch?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

no, gas pedal switch is what he was talking about. the spark is normal, the controller & Dc/dc convertor have capacitors that are able to recharge incredibly quickly, this rapid refill results in a spark when reconncting wire. hmm, that 20.6v seems pretty shady to me, should be full pack voltge (around 50v). speaking of pack voltage, get those things on charge, they are sitting pretty low.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #9
cdscycleandatv
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

**** tokens expired twice now. shew. Ok I'm going to try again.
Basically I have tested every component except the controller and the motor encoder. Testing was performed per the RXV-E Advanced Trouble-Shooting Guide instructions.

Morning update, I placed a jumper on the blk/wht wire at plug #1 and connected it to the main ground at the pack, and the brake released. I ran the motor in the forward position up on stands for a good 5 min, and nothing got hot. I ran the motor in reverse also and it is working good, but I am skeptical. So does this point to 1 particular component now?
Old 08-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Check the start/stop switch since those things fail if you breath on them wrong
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO