lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #11
Carboncopy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 3 to 4 post controller problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
There is absolutely nothing in the OP that would indicate a sepex cart.
I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a long time. This thread got my interest. The OP said his cart was originally a three post controller. I've never seen a three post controller on a series cart. I was waiting for Helirich to respond. (hes clueless) I guess he must have been wrong. LOL. But I did go through the wiring stickies and the only three post carts were sepex. What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
E-Z-GO stopped production of the DCS drive system in 1999 when they switched to PDS/ The fact he has a 4 post controller does not indicate a sepex drive system. Older Series carts used the 4 post controller because they had "plug braking". Plug Braking used the extra post to bleed off energy when you switched from one direction to another while the cart was still in motion.

Getting back to the OP. The fact you are using a slightly different controller will not effect the running of the cart in this instance. We would need more information to assist in diagnosing the problem.
I guess you ment a three post controller doesn't indicate a sepex drive system. So how do we know what drive he has? And how do we know what controller he got to replace it?

To the OP, did you get it running?
Carboncopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 12:13 PM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3 to 4 post controller problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman1234 View Post
I have a 2002 ezgo txt electric non pds system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncopy View Post
I'm new here, but I've been lurking for a long time. This thread got my interest. The OP said his cart was originally a three post controller. I've never seen a three post controller on a series cart. I was waiting for Helirich to respond. (hes clueless) I guess he must have been wrong. LOL. But I did go through the wiring stickies and the only three post carts were sepex. What am I missing?

I guess you ment a three post controller doesn't indicate a sepex drive system. So how do we know what drive he has? And how do we know what controller he got to replace it?

To the OP, did you get it running?
Ok, as quick and painless as I can make this:

The OP started out stating he had a 2002 NON PDS cart, meaning it is a series style cart since in 2002 they only offered Series or PDS (sepex)

That being said, The series style cart uses 1 of 2 controllers The older ones (made prior to 2000) could have had either 3 or 4 posts labeled B+, B-, M- and A2 (The A2 was only on the 4 post controllers). Those made after 2000 only had the 3 posts B+, B-, M- . Keep in mind we are talking about original production, this does not take aftermarket or replacement controllers into account.

The Sepex controllers made post 2000 Have the B+, B-, M- posts as well, but also have the F1 and F2 mounts on them.

Since the OP started his post stating this was a NON PDS cart, that eliminated the idea of this being a sepex system.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, ezgo 2002, speed controller, txt 2002 non pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO