lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2016, 07:18 PM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: Marathon burns up solenoid again and again

the throttle sensor does not interact with the solenoid, just the micro switch
the epoxy is factory to keep that fkin nut in i have seen it on older cart before
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #22
Scottie87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Checked the voltage last week and everything seemed to be fine. I went ahead and bought the Diode and installed it. Since I had a new diode on it I decided to replace the speed controller with a spare I had laying around. Everything worked fine for about 3 days then it went back to doing the same thing. It just all of a sudden starts creeping along. Has not blown the new solenoid but will not come out of "turtle mode".
Scottie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #23
Scottie87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok guys! I have some updated information. I don't know if this problem is going to be solved until something just finally breaks. The problem is very intermittent. I've had the golf cart for 4 days now driving every day and have not been able to make it fail. The only difference is that my mother-in-law drives stop-go all the time which I know is not good for a golf cart but that is how she goes. She did tell me some more details about what was happening that I did not know. She said now when it happens the golf cart dies and does not move at all. She has tried to cut if off for a few minutes and still nothing. But if she lets it sit for a while and comes back to it then it will go for a few days with no problems. She has tried to see if there are any similarities but cannot find any. It happens after it has been fully charged, it happens when the charge is low. But she also said sometimes before it happens the cart shakes really bad. It really sounds to me like the controller or the motor. I know i have made mine do that by messing with my settings on my controller but hers is a factory controller so I can't mess with those settings. Could it be that her controller is not adequate enough for all of the upgrades? After moving a while could it be overloading the controller? I'm just not sure with it being so intermittent.
Scottie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:10 PM   #24
crash test dummy

To me that sounds like the controller
Get a scottyb 400 amp controller is what I would recommend

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO