lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What customers do to our fleet carts

I have a tie for 1st place for the best oops moments.....

#1 A South Korean golfer was driving along and lost control of his cart. When he went into panic mode, he jammed on the accelerator and drove the cart into the lake. After he swam to shore and called the pro shop for a replacement, they asked where the cart was. He pointed at the lake and asked them to retrieve his clubs. There was no sign of the cart, so they called in a diver and a tow truck to try to locate it. When the diver found the cart finally, he stood on the roof of it and all you could see of him was his head! The roof of the cart was 5 feet below the surface!

#2 I was called out to a course to do a damage assessment of a beverage cart that had rolled over. When I got to the course, I was told the cart had been flipped on it's side. After looking over the cart, I finally got the whole story. The daughter of the restaurant manager had been filling in for the regular cart girl and had come upon a 4 some that was about to tee off. Rather than wait for them to play, she decided to go around their carts. Had she gone to the left of them, she would have been on flat level ground. Instead, she went around them to the right where the ground dropped rapidly into a large former sinkhole that had been filled with water. There was 8 feet of land to the left and only about 2 feet at most to the right before a 30 foot slope at roughly a 60 degree angle.........The cart flipped on it's side and took here for a ride right into the water....... Luckily she came away with only a broken arm. The course wanted to keep the whole thing quiet because the girl was 16 and was definitely not supposed to be serving hard alcohol ( her mother had actually pulled her out of school to run the cart that day)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #22
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I have a tie for 1st place for the best oops moments.....

#1 A South Korean golfer was driving along and lost control of his cart. When he went into panic mode, he jammed on the accelerator and drove the cart into the lake. After he swam to shore and called the pro shop for a replacement, they asked where the cart was. He pointed at the lake and asked them to retrieve his clubs. There was no sign of the cart, so they called in a diver and a tow truck to try to locate it. When the diver found the cart finally, he stood on the roof of it and all you could see of him was his head! The roof of the cart was 5 feet below the surface!

#2 I was called out to a course to do a damage assessment of a beverage cart that had rolled over. When I got to the course, I was told the cart had been flipped on it's side. After looking over the cart, I finally got the whole story. The daughter of the restaurant manager had been filling in for the regular cart girl and had come upon a 4 some that was about to tee off. Rather than wait for them to play, she decided to go around their carts. Had she gone to the left of them, she would have been on flat level ground. Instead, she went around them to the right where the ground dropped rapidly into a large former sinkhole that had been filled with water. There was 8 feet of land to the left and only about 2 feet at most to the right before a 30 foot slope at roughly a 60 degree angle.........The cart flipped on it's side and took here for a ride right into the water....... Luckily she came away with only a broken arm. The course wanted to keep the whole thing quiet because the girl was 16 and was definitely not supposed to be serving hard alcohol ( her mother had actually pulled her out of school to run the cart that day)

wow i bet they wanted to keep that quiet lol, not good for business
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #23
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know a guy that owns a tow truck company, years ago back before everyone had a camera on their phone he required all his drivers to carry Polaroid cameras to document difficult recoveries for liability purposes. As a result he ended up with what he called his wall of shame. A collection of photographs of most unusual and interesting vehicle recoveries, including an upside down purple Dodge Neon at the very peak of a major interstate highway bridge where it crosses a ship channel (one car accident), and a Lincoln Towncar sticking out of the side of an 18 wheeler box trailer (driver had a heart attack and it went off the side of the overpass above as the truck was going by below).
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:33 PM   #24
B747VET
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

A few years ago we had two fatal cart accidents on the West Coast. One at a country club where a guy was trying to drive his cart back down a very steep slope from an elevated fairway where he had sliced or severely pushed his ball. The other was at a TP course and the guy was backing his cart to turn around and went right over a 50 foot cliff.
B747VET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #25
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
What you likely don't see are the beer's that have have sank into the water. Those would be the half-empty ones. The empties have floated away by the time the camera got there.
lol, and i'm willing to bet no one left them there...probably took them and put them in their fridge
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #26
cruisinkruty
Gone Wild
Club Car

Look folks if ya dont have pics of the mishap,what good is it...post pics!
cruisinkruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #27
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Not a customer... a friend,
Not a course... a campground,
Not a shed... a tent, (at least that's what I consider it)

And a major Wisconsin snowfall...

Canada 2006 & Misc. 058.jpg

Canada 2006 & Misc. 063.jpg

Canada 2006 & Misc. 062.jpg

No real damage except the canopy and supports,
I sent these pics to the owner, and he said... "The damage is done, I'll take care of it in spring!"

It sat like that for 3 1/2 months!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #28
flareside_thunder
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Rabbit, what city are you in?
flareside_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #29
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareside_thunder View Post
Rabbit, what city are you in?
I live in Paisley, but I work right around the corner from you in Eustis......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #30
flareside_thunder
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I thought the photo looked familiar. Across from Amoco, right?
flareside_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO