lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
1SuperEZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default New Memeber needs help

2000 EZGO
New batteries 1 Week ago
New D&D High Torque Motor
Curtis controller
Freedom Chip

Speed Sensor was different on the new motor , read a thread some where that said just wire accordingly...Red/Red Black/Black White /Green

Did that cart moves out very quickly but then falls dn to like 3 mph. Going crazy... Do I need to do something different??? Did I cause this by wiring the speed sensor this way???? I can flip tow switch over and back once and it takes off again quickly but in about 20 ft goes back to a crawl

Thanks for any help
1SupeEZGO
1SuperEZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2016, 10:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: New Memeber needs help

Maybe not a compatible magnet behind the speed sensor, sending unexpected signal to controller. You probably dont want to hear this, but aftermarket motors are usually a poor match with the weak stock controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:36 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not a 100% sure of this, so check with D&D to be sure, but you might need to add a pull-up resistor to the output of the D&D speed sensor to get it to work with a stock PDS controller.

According to the specs (attached), it looks like their sensor needs a 2KΩ resistor between the red and green wires.

The Curtis 1206MX (stock PDS) controller is designed to operate the speed sensor on a AMD motor, so they may or may not have an internal pull-up resistor, or it may be of a different Ohmic value.

-------
Of course, to get optimal performance from a D&D high torque motor you need a controller with a lot more oomph the a stock PDS controller, however that issue will resolve itself when the stock PDS controller goes belly up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D and D Speed Sensor specs..jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
1SuperEZGO
Not Yet Wild

Can the speed sensor cause this problem....cart was in poor condition motor wise when I inherited it . Stock motor was toast...just getting to drive it around now.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the stock PDS controller doesn't get a proper input from the speed sensor on the motor, it goes into a reduced performance mode and the cart moves slowly. Toggling the Run/Tow switch resets the controller and it will run normally until it senses the error again.

There are two ways of check if the controller is getting speed sensor data.
1. Push the cart and the beeper will start beeping rapidly and the regen brakes will kick in. (Walkaway safety mode activates)

2. Place the PDS controller in diagnostic mode. (Text at bottom of attached label tells you how)

If the controller is not getting proper data from the speed sensor, you will get a 1-3 error code beeped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
1SuperEZGO
Not Yet Wild

When I try dig mode I get 4 beeps...is that classified 1-3
Old 09-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SuperEZGO View Post
When I try dig mode I get 4 beeps...is that classified 1-3
If the four beeps was immediately after you got into diagnostics, the controller was telling you it was in the Freedom mode. (Speed chip with two red wires is installed)

The 1-3 error code for a speed sensor problem doesn't occur until you drive the cart.

It is a beep, short pause and three beeps close together.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:40 PM   #8
1SuperEZGO
Not Yet Wild

Ok..it does the 4 beeps rapidly...so I should put it in forward mode and drive it then? Write dn the beep sequence
Old 09-06-2016, 07:14 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO