lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
ttbtsu
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger Wont Charge

Hello all, ive got a lester electrical 48v charger branded by buggies unlimited. When i plug it into the cart, all 3 (red/yellow/green) indicator lights flash like they should. However after that, nothing happens, no lights, no nothing. I honesty don't know that it's not charging, but no indicator lights concern me.

Anyone else see this or know how i might check to confirm the charger is good?
ttbtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger Wont Charge

First make sure that you are plugging the charger into a known good 120-VAC outlet....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #3
ttbtsu
Not Yet Wild

Right that is why i put the part about all 3 LEDs initially lighting up. So it's getting power.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:45 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttbtsu View Post
Right that is why i put the part about all 3 LEDs initially lighting up. So it's getting power.
Are you sure? More often than not on chargers the LED are powered from the DC coming from the cart... Has fooled others you will not be the first...
Old 09-05-2016, 08:15 PM   #5
ttbtsu
Not Yet Wild

Hmm, you are right. The 3 LEDs light up when you plug it into the cart even if the charger is unplugged. However i did confirm the outlet is good. I also tried another known good outlet, with the same outcome.

So there does seem to be something wrong with the charger receiving power. This just started a couple weeks ago sporadically.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttbtsu View Post
Hmm, you are right. The 3 LEDs light up when you plug it into the cart even if the charger is unplugged. However i did confirm the outlet is good. I also tried another known good outlet, with the same outcome.

So there does seem to be something wrong with the charger receiving power. This just started a couple weeks ago sporadically.
Is there a circuit breaker somewhere on the outside of the charger casing? I know nothing of Lester's but there may be a fuse inside the casing. If you have a multi-meter you would next check for continuity between the A/C plug end and where the cord is hooked up inside the casing. Should find a black, white and green colored wires but they could be colored something else. Plug could be shot, cord may have a broken wire from use, fuse... Those are all simple cheap repairs if that's your problem.

Tags
lester electrical charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO