lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
boatn
Not Yet Wild

Default txt series no power

The other night I turned it off ,it had run fine. it Had 36.2 volts , it has a meter on the dash. The next morning when I turned it on it read 15-16 volts and started dropping,it seemed to stabilize at 8v. I checked the batteries at the +,- terminlas with a dvm 36.2v . The next day the meter did not light up,checked the+,- 36.2v. Thought the key switch ,has low resitance.
I dont know where to go I am hopping you will know what the problem is or direct me to diagnostic flow chart.
I have chased shorts and broken cables in the past but this has me stumped
boatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: txt series no power

what is your voltage at the key switch? start there. if you have 36 going in do you have it coming out. Does the state of charge meter use ignition source to turn on, or does it stay on all the time?
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
boatn
Not Yet Wild

the meter is wired at the key switch with a ground wire to the battery. there is a green and blue wire to the switch. the blue wire goes to the speed controller, twirly thing with the copper contacts right? and the green wire goes to the big black box with a cover. I checked continuity on both wires,ok. If the batteries read 36v at the post they are not dead? the dropping voltage on the dash meter is what I dont understand. I am going away for the weekend and wont be able to check v at the switch till monday
Old 09-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well for starters.....if your batteries are registering 36.2v they are at 50% charge and considered DEAD. and when you can in the night before you should have plugged in the cart for charging. Here is a chart for golf cart charge voltages.....at a full charge (100%) your pack should be reading 38.3v

JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:11 AM   #5
boatn
Not Yet Wild

I know the batteries are low. the state of charge meter is wired to the ignition switch an does not light up at all. I am getting 36.2 volts at the key switch if I put the meter probe on the +post of the battery. The twirly thing I referd to earlier was the f/r switch.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

have you charged yup your pack since you when away fro the weekend? hopefully so.....

have you checked the actual ign. switch? to see if you have high resistance there, or even continuity? your problem may be the switch. with the pack charged up, you could "hot wire" (take the ing. switch out of the loop) the cart to see if everything will run and function as of they switch was here and ON.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #7
boatn
Not Yet Wild

Got it running. Had a local guy come look at it he showed me how to load test the batteries,fine. and jumped from the battery + to the solenoid and i had life. I printed out the service manual in the sticky section and went through the diagnosing flow chart. Turned out he + wire to the charger socket was fully shorted. I have to say the service manual flow chart is great it goes through the systems systematically and is easy to follow. If not for that I never would have found the short.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO