lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
Rainman4820
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Educate me on Shocks 1991 Marathon

For a little background, I just upgraded my 1991 electric Marathon including a 4" lift kit and wheel spacers, 2" on front and 1" on rear. The rear shocks were spent so I installed new Monroe shocks on the rear that are longer so I wouldn't have to use the extender. The front shocks were in good shape so I left the front shocks OEM using the required shock extenders.

When I am on a rough trail, the rear end does great but the front end bounces around like I am riding in a covered wagon.

So the questions are.....

1. Do the OEM front shocks with extenders and wheel spacer promote a rough ride?

2. Assuming I change out the front shocks, does anyone have a part number for the front shocks on a 91 Marathon that can be used without the extenders?

Thanks!

Last edited by Rainman4820; 10-16-2016 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: Sp
Rainman4820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO