lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Motor recommendations for 2012 48v TXT. Tell me about your experiences.

I currently have a 2012 TXT with the stock motor, 23" tires on 12" rims. I upgraded to the Alltrax XCT 48500 a few weeks prior and am ready for the motor upgrade. Looking at the Admiral D2 from Scottyb, but will consider others such as a D&D, Plum Quick upgrade, or other. Anyone running a similar setup, please let me know your configuration, current speed, and how your torque feels.
ewiggins7299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 12:41 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor recommendations for 2012 48v TXT. Tell me about your experiences.

Ewiggins, I have a 2011 TXT48 and am considering the Alltrax XCT400 as my controller is currently stock.

What speeds are you seeing with the XCT500? I have 23" tires as well and get 22/23 mph on flat pavement. I assume the controller didn't do much for speed. Did it help a lot with torque over the stock controller?

Watching your thread with keen interest to see what responses you get.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor recommendations for 2012 48v TXT. Tell me about your experiences.

bronsonj. Go for the 500 instead. The cost isn't much more and you can set it to 400 specs. Plus the cooling fan is included with the 500. That's what I did in anticipation of a motor upgrade.

Before the upgrade, I was getting 21mph tops, but I didn't realize my tire pressure made such a difference. I had about 10 psi in the tires. After upgrading the controller I was hitting 24mph, but was informed that I should air up my tires to 25psi. My max tire pressure rating is 20 so I aired them to 25 like I was advised. I now get 27mph! The torque is much better off of the line, but I would like more response during mid range acceleration. That's why I'm looking into a motor.

You cannot go wrong with the Alltrax. Programming is easy. I have my max amps set at 400 until I get a new motor. I bought mine from scottyb at cartsunlimited.net and had it in 2 days to Houston, TX. Spend the extra $50 and get the 500.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Forgot to add...upgrade your cables if you haven already. I went 2 ga. 4 ga will work with a 400, but I got a set of 2ga on ebay for $95. The are well made. I upgraded the cables at the same time as the controller. I swapped the motor, solenoid, and pos and negative cables at the same time as the controller, and left the battery cables 4ga during my controller test runs. The 4 ga got a little warm but not too bad. I then finished the swap and all 2 ga cables are nice and cool.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewiggins7299 View Post
... Anyone running a similar setup, please let me know your configuration, current speed, and how your torque feels.
That is my setup. Admiral D2 with Alltrax XCT48500. I have 19 inch tires. I hit 27 mph on level ground. Plenty of torque and speed.

Two performance videos of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b934bFFMICE&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oodqZsAnVz8
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Awesome videos! What are you using to measure everything and display in on the screen?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
mattadata
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. The speed, accelerometer, and GPS data came from an iPhone app called Track Addict. The RPM and throttle data came from the Alltrax controller logger. The video came from iPhone and GoPro. I used RaceRender3 on Windows to import the data files and render the gauges on the video.
mattadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO