lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
2001TXTNJ
Not Yet Wild

Default Idler arm flange busing - pressed or not?!?

Hi All,

First post on the forum here... I have been chasing a "wandering" steering problem on my 2000.5 gas TXT.

After going through the entire front end checking and tightening all components - this has all but resolved the wandering condition - but there is still an excessive amount of play in the wheel.

I have traced it to the idler arm flange bushing - and ordered a new one already. Has anyone replaced just this part before and does it require a machine shop to press out the old one and press in the new one? I'm a bit short on time and would prefer to avoid taking the entire steering box out... If I do that I might as well rebuild the entire thing...

Thanks!!
2001TXTNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Idler arm flange busing - pressed or not?!?

I replace them all the time although I have a shop press I have yet to have to use it
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
2001TXTNJ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by country1982country View Post
I replace them all the time although I have a shop press I have yet to have to use it
Thanks! Are you able to do it with the box still mounted in the cart?
2001TXTNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

if you are referring to the steering box you have to remove it to replace the plastic bushings inside of it it is not very complicated to do make sure you do not mix up the spacers that go under it on the axel once you get it off you can see a access plate on the bottom you have to remove to get inside of it prepare to get greasy and I would replace the tie rod ends while you are at it since you have to remove the main tie rod end to remove the steering box
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
brushdoll
Not Yet Wild

How did you end up getting the bushings removed? They're on both sides so you cant use one of the traditional bearing presses.
brushdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO