lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
1992G8
Gone Wild

Default A VERY Quick and Fast Plowman's Cart

A while back I started researching ways to get more speed out of a golf cart. I've tried a couple of different approaches. You can read more about my experiences by clicking HERE

Now, I don't want to endlessly debate different engine combinations. People like what they like, be it stock engines, clone engines, or V-Twin engines. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about what they love in their golf cart. This thread is just my experience buying a golf cart built they way I wanted it built. Plus pictures, because everyone loves pictures!

I started searching for a used golf cart with the intention of buying all of Plowman's Carts performance modifications, and I mean ALL of them. I wanted to build one of the quickest and fastest carts with a Yamaha engine anyone had ever seen. After talking with Don, who was also interested in building something extremely bad a** fast, I decided to buy a turn-key cart directly from him. My only requests were that the cart have no lift and no roof because it has to fit in the loft of a stacker trailer. The no-lift requirement would obviously limit tire diameter, but I was confident he could make this thing a real beast without using tall tires.

The finished product is a 2014 G29 that looks like it was built at the factory yesterday. That is something else I learned during this process. Don has a network of connections based on decades of operating his business which enables him to purchase "used" carts that are "like new" in condition. As you can see in the pictures below, this 2014 does not have a spec of dirt on it anywhere. Modifications wise, it has the Hot Set Up, plus, plus, plus, plus.

As for performance, well the bad news is I haven't driven it yet. It was raining all day and it was cold. I might not get to really hammer it till Spring. However, I can tell you that Don tuned it and tested it on Western Ave in front of his shop last week. He even experimented with a second clutch setup and went back out for more testing. In the end, his explanation of the performance started with, "I can't wait for you to drive this." The words "riot" and "missile" were used. Don and his guys were having a blast driving it. If it impresses people who hot rod golf carts for a living, I'm certain I'll be ecstatic. The top speed he reached is amazing, but he was actually more impressed with the short distance it takes to reach 20 and 30 MPH. I don't want to disclose actual numbers yet because I have a little grudge race shaping up with a cash wager on the line.

Thanks to Don and everyone at Plowman's Carts for this beauty. The entire experience has been great.

G29s Rule!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2295.jpg (353.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2296.jpg (397.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2297.jpg (342.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2298.jpg (449.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2299.jpg (325.0 KB, 0 views)
1992G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
1992G8
Gone Wild

Default Re: A VERY Quick and Fast Plowman's Cart

More pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2300.jpg (326.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2301.jpg (235.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2302.jpg (346.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2303.jpg (268.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
1992G8
Gone Wild

More pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2305.jpg (262.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2307.jpg (174.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2308.jpg (288.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Very clean and sharp looking cart. Can't wait to hear the final numbers on it.

So, who's this cash, grudge match with? Anybody on here?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
1992G8
Gone Wild

LOL.....No, he's not a member here but he does read this forum. He's a friend of mine from drag racing. I've driven his cart. It's quick.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
1992G8
Gone Wild

....but I might be accepting other races if anyone is interested...

All in good fun.....
Old 10-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
1992G8
Gone Wild

I'm sorry, but for the life of me I cannot get these two pictures to not be upside down. I tried editing and rotating them in "photos" and then saving them again, but when I upload them they come out upside down. Anybody know how to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2304.jpg (354.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2306.jpg (249.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

How's this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2304.jpg (641.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2306.jpg (463.9 KB, 0 views)
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #9
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cart looks Great.., Can't wait to see these numbers either, also I hope your gonna take a video of this race..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Wow, that's a really clean cart. Nice sticker. I guess only the carts built by him get one...

Are you keeping your other carts?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clone, plowman, plowman's, plowmans, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha