lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
Donnie Wheat
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart has no power to solenoid

I dropped a wrench on the solinoid of my 2001 ezgo electric cart it landed on the positive cable and the small terminal with the blue wire and cause a big arch.. I changed to a new solinoid and I have no power. Turn switch on and volt meter lights up. What did I mess up?
Donnie Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 07:30 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart has no power to solinoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Wheat View Post
I dropped a wrench on the solinoid of my 2001 ezgo electric cart it landed on the positive cable and the small terminal with the blue wire and cause a big arch.. I changed to a new solinoid and I have no power. Turn switch on and volt meter lights up. What did I mess up?
You may have fried the solenoid control output in your controller. Yu can run a jumper from that blue wire terminal on the solenoid to the negative battery pack connection point. If it works, that can get you by until you get a replacement controller.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart has no power to solenoid

The 01 PDS has a reed switch on the (+) side of the control circuit. It's the weakest serviceable link in the solenoid activation circuit. Best thing to do is get the voltmeter out.
There needs to 36v between the 2 small solenoid posts when you press the go pedal. See which polarity is missing + or -. If both are + then what Bob suggests will work. (the blue wire is + when off and - when the pedal is down)

If no + at the red wire then check the reed switch inside the charge receptacle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #4
Donnie Wheat
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Cart has no power to solenoid

Sorry about not replying sooner had some health problems. After using meter and wiring diagram, found that my controller was fried. Changed controller and everything worked as should. Will make a note (Dummy do not drop wrenches)

Thanks for help. I am sure I will be asking more questions.

Last edited by Donnie Wheat; 12-16-2017 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: typo
Donnie Wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO