lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #11
el_jefe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT48500-DCS Programming for 1996 EZGO TXT, 36V DCS

Got it up to 16MPH with Turbo on.
Log file attached in a zipped file.
16mph.jpg
Settings1.jpg
Settings2.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor.zip (4.4 KB, 0 views)
el_jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Max voltage after solenoid activated the first time was 37.5V, so batteries were only 80% charged at beginning of the 1 minute 44 second test run.

Max battery current was only 168.2A, so there may be excessive resistance between controller and motor, or inside the motor.
Did you replace all 10 of the high current cables with 2Ga?
Have the motor brushes ever been replaced?

The field current maxes out at 9.9A, which is only about half of what it ought to max at. Are the F1 and F2 cables in good condition? (Ohm them out to be sure.)

--------
For best top speed, inflate tires to max inflation pressure stamped on sidewall.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #13
el_jefe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Max voltage after solenoid activated the first time was 37.5V, so batteries were only 80% charged at beginning of the 1 minute 44 second test run.

Max battery current was only 168.2A, so there may be excessive resistance between controller and motor, or inside the motor.
Did you replace all 10 of the high current cables with 2Ga?
Have the motor brushes ever been replaced?

The field current maxes out at 9.9A, which is only about half of what it ought to max at. Are the F1 and F2 cables in good condition? (Ohm them out to be sure.)

--------
For best top speed, inflate tires to max inflation pressure stamped on sidewall.

All the high current cables were changed to 2GA but I'll check all the connections and check out the F1/F2 cables.
I don't believe the brushes have ever been changed.

This is good stuff to check out. I'll report back in a few days.

Thank you JohnnyB.
el_jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #14
depmako
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the same issue, I have a Yamaha g29 and I added a alltrax xct500 controller and a high speed D&D 13hp motor , the cart is slower then the stock set up . its only running about 16mph.
I think I need a better field map which alltrax want give me .all my other Yamaha have alltrax DCX 400 controller and they all run 25-30 mph .I spent over a grand to go slower
depmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by depmako View Post
I'm having the same issue, I have a Yamaha g29 and I added a alltrax xct500 controller and a high speed D&D 13hp motor , the cart is slower then the stock set up . its only running about 16mph.
I think I need a better field map which alltrax want give me .all my other Yamaha have alltrax DCX 400 controller and they all run 25-30 mph .I spent over a grand to go slower
I know next to nothing about Yamaha carts, but all sepex drives work pretty much the same way and I do know a little about D&D motors and XCT controllers.

What is the model number of the D&D motor?
Does a G29 have a YDRE drive?
What field map is loaded?
What is the tire height and differential gear ratio?
Does the throttle got to 100% on the Toolkit monitor page?
What is the lowest the Field amps reduce to on a data log made while driving at top speed on level pavement?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1996 ezgo txt, alltrax xct 48500 dcs, help please, programming, speed enhancement
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO