lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #41
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Voltage Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu Guy View Post
I just want something to let me know that I'm not discharging my batteries too deeply before recharging.
The volt meter alone will give you the desired information if you compare the "stabilized voltage" to the attached State of Charge Chart (you will have to double the 12 volt ratings and make up a new chart for your 24 volt cart). You will get a "stabilized voltage" 12 to 24 hour after charging. After using your cart, the voltage should stabilize in 30 to 60 minutes ... enough to estimate your state of charge anyway.

For now, you can measure your state of charge using your hand held multi-meter ... but the dash mounted meter is much more convenient.

Some BGW members keep their dash volt meters energized 24 x 7. Mine is controlled by a master battery switch, which is my preference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carts Unlimited State of Charge Chart.JPG (71.0 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2018, 05:43 AM   #42
Nu Guy
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Take your volt meter and see what voltage you have across the two wires in question ... if one is a Positive wire and the other a Negative wire, then you may be in business. Compare this to the voltage you get when checking your 24 volt battery pack. If it is the same, then you should be able to use those two wires to connect to the Blue Sea 1733 meter to monitor your pack voltage.

The wiring for this meter is pretty simple ... see attached wiring diagram. Make sure the circuit is fuse protected with a 2 amp fuse.

Note that golf carts / utility carts normally are not grounded to the frame for safety reasons due to the higher voltages involved compared to automobiles. I am not sure if your cart is grounded being it is 24 volt. Is there a ground strap / wire from the battery pack Negative to the frame?
Thank you for this!

I'm going to get an inline fuse tomorrow evrning.

I looked and it seems that this cart is not chassis grounded.

The negative wire goes right into a black box like a controller or something (can't wait until I can post pics).

Anyway, I thank you all for your expert Input on these carts.

BGW RULES!
Nu Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:47 AM   #43
Nu Guy
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Thumbs up Re: Voltage Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
The volt meter alone will give you the desired information if you compare the "stabilized voltage" to the attached State of Charge Chart (you will have to double the 12 volt ratings and make up a new chart for your 24 volt cart). You will get a "stabilized voltage" 12 to 24 hour after charging. After using your cart, the voltage should stabilize in 30 to 60 minutes ... enough to estimate your state of charge anyway.

For now, you can measure your state of charge using your hand held multi-meter ... but the dash mounted meter is much more convenient.

Some BGW members keep their dash volt meters energized 24 x 7. Mine is controlled by a master battery switch, which is my preference.
Thank you, this is good to know.

Thanks for that chart also... I printed out several copies and downloaded it to my phone!
Old 11-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #44
easygoing
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Voltage Meter

There is available a digital analog meter that plugs into rxv wiring harness. Works from off the controller, Very accurate, and does not fog. On off with key switch . Also displays pack voltage and hours logged .You can find it on ebay. $65.00 . As accurate as the handheld unit. also available for 36,48,72, and 100 volt systems. You have to hard wire meter other than the rxv.
easygoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #45
Nu Guy
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

I love my new meter!

Thanks for ALL of your help, guys!

EDIT:

Sorry for the humongous pic.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #46
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Looking good !!
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36 volts, ezgo txt pds 2002, voltage meter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO