lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2018, 07:55 AM   #1
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My First Build!!

So, I got a wild hair and decided to get a golf cart. Wanted to try to keep the cost down and had a "friend" that had two that he wasn't using and would make me a deal. I explained that I really didn't want another project because I've been working on a motorcycle for the past couple of years now and I (and my sweet bride) really need a break. He assured me that one of the carts had 1 year old batteries and only needed a F/R switch and that it was not a project. The other just needed batteries. I figured I'd get them both and sell whichever I didn't want.... Would have worked out great except he didn't tell me about all the other stuff that was wrong. Short story long.... It's ending up to be a complete, down to the frame rebuild. I guess if there is a bright side, it'll be just like I want when I'm done. More pictures to come....gotta go to church!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0608.JPG (156.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0622.JPG (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.JPG (149.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0656.JPG (142.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0662.JPG (144.4 KB, 0 views)
MPrimeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My First Build!!

CONGRATS on the new cart!!! and the modding addiction is real...obviously you are already addicted!! lol
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #3
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks brother. I’ve got kind of an obsessive personality anyways. When I get into something, I just can’t leave well enough alone.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

So, when I got the carts home I noticed several things that just didn’t look right. I was told the green cart was the “nicer” cart, supposedly just needed the FR switch, had year old batteries, and an aluminum battery tray. I guess he didn’t lie, but the whole truth goes more like... the green cart has a frame that is intact, has (4) one year old batteries and (2) that read 0 vdc, does indeeed have a faulty switch, melted controller cabling (actually welded the connector together), and has an aluminum battery tray that is so corroded that it’s buckled from the weight of the batteries. Just started tearing everything apart. Painted the frame, built new battery tray, installed front lift (waiting on HD springs and coil overs all around), and started on a little body work before paint.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #6
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok.... been busy. Got a new Alltrax XCT 500, 400a solenoid (Thank you ScottyB), and 2 awg cables installed. Had a couple of issues that probably everyone but me knows, but just in case....THE CHARGER RECEPTACLE AND THAT STUPID LITTLE RED/WHITE WIRE HAS TO BE CONNECTED FOR THE CONTROLLER TO POWER UP AND THE SOLENOID TO ENERGIZE..... 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I was just trying to hook everything up temporarily to try it out and wasn't going to hook the charger port up because I still don't have the body on. Which leads me to another task done... built a DIY paint booth today. Should be spraying primer tomorrow and paint Saturday. I also installed HD springs AND coil overs all around. Way too much. It was brutal. After some advice from a few members, I ended up removing the 3rd leaf from the HD springs and keeping the coil overs. Made a big difference. It's very bearable now and when I get it all back together (rear seat is on the way), I think this will be a good set up. So rear seat, brake shoes, and steering assembly should be here beginning of next week. Pics to follow!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0696.JPG (144.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0697.JPG (129.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0698.JPG (124.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.JPG (100.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0699.JPG (106.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #7
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Some more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0693.JPG (78.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0694.JPG (129.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0695.JPG (119.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #8
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ok....still waiting on seats and lights. Installed my rear seat kit and found that the seat cushions were ivory...they said "white". After reading a bit on several different websites, I think everyone knows that ezgo white isn't actually white. It's just a little off, but I want crisp clean white....so, fedex is supposed to pick them up and some "pure white" cushions are on the way. Also ordered staple on seat covers for the front...they are taking their own sweet time to ship. Ok, so I painted the front cowl of one cart and the rear body of the other, picked an chose the best of each part that I had between the two carts and installed them. Sanded roof struts down and repainted and started riveting. Thank God for pneumatic rivet guns . Just a side note, I purchased a $30 Harbor Freight rivet gun that was good up to 1/4" rivets. Didn't come with hydraulic oil (which is required) and I didn't feel like buying a 5 gallon bucket or oil when I only needed a few ounces. I used automatic transmission fluid. Might blow up on my tomorrow, but it's been working great. I also bought a 100 pc 3/16" aluminum rivet kit from Harbor Freight for like...5 bucks and they also worked great. There are a few places that you really want to use the large head rivets (and I did purchase the ezgo kit for those), but for the most part, they worked everywhere. That was free.... Well.....I'm rambling. I'm a details guy, so I like to give as much info as I can to help someone else. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Here's what I've got so far. Not finished, but a whole lot better than what I started with!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0719.JPG (133.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0720.JPG (118.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0721.JPG (118.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0722.JPG (119.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.JPG (130.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

some more.... I had some stickers laying around from my motorcycle builds (and one from ScottyB) and thought they would look good. Opinions will vary I'm sure, but I like it. Oh yeah... In case anyone was wondering, the color is House of Kolor Black Sparkle Pearl. You can't see the flake or the pearl because it was cloudy, but it's pretty sick. Had a little solvent pop because it was so freaking hot, but it's just a golf cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0726.JPG (120.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0724.JPG (89.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0725.JPG (94.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:35 PM   #10
MPrimeaux
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I think some "before pictures" would go well right here....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0608.JPG (156.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0609.JPG (126.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0611.JPG (112.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0620.JPG (148.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0622.JPG (155.6 KB, 0 views)

Tags
'95 medalist, complete rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO