lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #11
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 'Dead' Cart

As I mentioned before, the micro switch, throttle sensor, and wire harness are all new...
ch0bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What is the voltage between the black and white wires at the ITS sensor?
What is the voltage between the black and white wires at the controller? (J4 Pins 3 and 4)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #13
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

with the pedal NOT pressed
38.1 between red/green at the switch
0.0 between black/white at sensor
0.0 between pins 3 and 4 at the controller

WITH the pedal pressed
0.0 between red/green at the switch
0.0 between black/white at sensor
Old 08-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The pedal switch appears to be working normally.

The ITS circuit isn't. Pedal up should be 10V and pedal down ought to be 6V.

The 0.0V readings are why you are getting the error codes and global shutdown.

I'm pretty sure the problem is related to the XCT LED not lighting up when not connected to a laptop. (In fact, it was never mentioned if LED came on when connected to a laptop)

See Post#2 and check out the wires and connections between keyswitch and controller.

Disconnect the laptop to troubleshoot this problem.
------------
I know the monitor screen show the keyswitch closed, but if the is enough resistance in the connection, it may not be turning on the controller and powering the ITS power supply. I don't know how much of the controller's circuitry is turned on by the USB from the lap top and having it connected may mask the problem, so disconnect it, it has served its purpose for the moment.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #15
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

The Alltrax Status Light does illuminate when the PC is connected, 2 short green followed by 4 short red

Ive checked the keyswitch to controller wiring, PC disconnected, control wiring harness plugged in, keyswitch off - White wire (Pin 9) is hot (38.6v) at the keyswitch , white/yel wire (Pin 8 ) dead at the keyswitch

with the keyswitch on, white/yel powers up at the keyswitch @ 38.6v
with harness plugged in, keyswitch on, white/yel (pin 8 ) has pack voltage at the controller/harness

when checking the harness disconnected, there are 2 hot wires within the harness, both go to the reverse horn. Red wire (Pin 5) "T's" in to the solenoid/battery pack so makes sense that it's hot.... the Green/blk wire (Pin 10) is also hot though??

FWIW, Pin 5 (red) is 38.6v and Pin 10 (green/blk) is 38.2v
Old 08-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #16
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

Just a thought... is there a way to 'clear' the codes, is it possible an old part or harness was bad but the controller 'remembers' being shutdown and won't 'power up' to check the new (unfaulty) parts?

or maybe some faulty setting in the controller when I installed the new program (updated controller firmware??)
Old 08-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #17
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

Fun fact... if I touch the ITS Throttle black wire with my finger the "Low Throttle Input Under-range" flag clears... now if I could just get the "High" to go away then maybe the "Shutdown" would clear???

Catch 22 - Can't get the "Shutdown" flag to clear because of the "High Throttle Input Under-range" - but I can't get the "High Throttle" flag to clear because the controller wont send power to the ITS while in "Shutdown"
Old 08-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0bby View Post
The Alltrax Status Light does illuminate when the PC is connected, 2 short green followed by 4 short red

Ive checked the keyswitch to controller wiring, PC disconnected, control wiring harness plugged in, keyswitch off - White wire (Pin 9) is hot (38.6v) at the keyswitch , white/yel wire (Pin 8 ) dead at the keyswitch

with the keyswitch on, white/yel powers up at the keyswitch @ 38.6v
with harness plugged in, keyswitch on, white/yel (pin 8 ) has pack voltage at the controller/harness

when checking the harness disconnected, there are 2 hot wires within the harness, both go to the reverse horn. Red wire (Pin 5) "T's" in to the solenoid/battery pack so makes sense that it's hot.... the Green/blk wire (Pin 10) is also hot though??

FWIW, Pin 5 (red) is 38.6v and Pin 10 (green/blk) is 38.2v
With J1 unplugged from controller, there ought to be pack voltage (or thereabouts) on three pins. J1 Pins 4, 5 and 10.

Pin-4 is voltage from reed switch (or reed switch bypass). In a stock PDS controller, this powers the logic circuitry and external switches, but Alltrax may be doing things differently in an XCT to avoid patent infringements.

In fact. I know they do things differently. You have to have a direction selected on a stock PDS to get voltage to the keyswitch, so the PDS controller won't power up unless the F/R is in either F or R, while an XCT will power up with F/R in neutral.

I believe it is time to call Alltrax.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #19
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

Just a quick update. I contacted Alltrax yesterday and the tech was very quick to diagnose the problem as a bad controller... perhaps a known issue?

Still odd that approximately mid way through troubleshooting/changing out wiring I did try a new controller, which at the time did not fix the issue? Maybe I had more than one issue, or possibly a component changed at a later time caused the fault that now cannot be cleared?

I have no idea, but I will keep the group updated as I progress. Currently, Alltrax has sent me a RMA to return the controller, which I will get in the mail at the end of the week when I return home. Stay tuned...
Old 09-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #20
ch0bby
Not Yet Wild

Received a new controller today from Alltrax. They said the old one "was found to have a faulty throttle circuit".
I received the new controller, installed it with the battery pack disconnected and the tow/run switch in Tow... powered up and still have the same issue.
I'm going to try to call Alltrax tomorrow for additional troubleshooting... just keeping everyone posted on the progress in case someone else encounters similar...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO