lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #1
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2014 RXV Build Complete w/pics

After 8 weeks of playing around with this, buying the wrong cart, trying to find a local shop to build be what I want, and countless hours of research I finally have the cart I wanted.

Bazooka 8" powered sub-woofer between the seats:

casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2014 RXV Build Complete w/pics

Looks awesome. What size wheels and tires?
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:19 AM   #3
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll be testing the BobBoyce programmed performance package more later but from the few runs I've GPS'd the cart is running 27 mph on flat ground, 31 mph downhill, and drops to as low as 15 mph on some uphill climbs in our very hilly neighborhood.

The 8" Bazooka isn't turning on but the JL's sound great. I supplied alot of the parts including the sub-woofer so it's on me to figure out why the sub isn't working ... apparently he has 12v to the connector, it just doesn't come on.

Several wires need to be hidden inside the extended top tubing, they're just zip-tied right now and under the seat is a mess. I paid the cart builder $1000.00 for his labor and the total build with labor came to $8,400.41.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #4
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan33Klein View Post
Looks awesome. What size wheels and tires?
14" TEMPEST Machined Aluminum Wheels and 205/30-14 Low Profile DOT Tires

They were $528.95 at Golf Cart Tire Supply.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice cart sir.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:48 AM   #6
Dan33Klein
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey344 View Post
14" TEMPEST Machined Aluminum Wheels and 205/30-14 Low Profile DOT Tires

They were $528.95 at Golf Cart Tire Supply.

Thank you
I think I am going with 12” tempest with 215/50/12s on my txt
Dan33Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:06 AM   #7
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What turn signal setup is that? LED strips?
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #8
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggieman18 View Post
What turn signal setup is that? LED strips?
Sure ... here you go. So nice having the indicator in the mirror since you can't hear the clicker. Low-beam Hi-Beam is pretty cool too but haven't had a chance to test that out yet.

Pro-Fit Hi-Low Beam Light Kit PF12199 LED headlihgt/taillight kit with turn signals and horn.
$240.00

Madjax Side Mirrors with LED Turn Signals
$50.00

LEDGlow Expandable Million Color Golf Cart Underbody Light Kit
$89.95

LEDGlow Add-On Interior Lights: 4pc Add-On Interior Kit
$24.99

LEDGlow Add-On Wheel Well Lights: 4pc Add-On Wheel Well Kit
$34.99
Old 08-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #9
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally had some time to test the cart and it's definitely fast and climbs well.

Solid 30 mph on flat road, drops to 15 mph going up some hills and 32 mph down. The hill climbing ability is disappointing, dropping from 32 to 15 is drastic.

I had a friend of mine who has a 2014 Club Car with 500a Alltrax and Admiral A2 motor ride around with me. He's been fighting his build with a different cart builder and they're swapping parts with little to no changes. They've swapped controller, motors, tires etc. With all the upgrades he couldn't keep up on the flat or going up hills but did pull away from me a little going down the hills. Tomorrow he's bringing him a Plum Quick motor, not sure if they're changing the controller.

Maybe there's good reason but I just don't understand why anyone would want a Club Car versus and RXV. This stock controller programmed by BobBoyce and stock motor outperformed the $1200 modified Club Car by alot.

BobBoyce ... first off, thank you for your contribution to this forum and for all the help you've given me. I would love to hear your opinion on improving the hill climbing.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:28 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey344 View Post
Finally had some time to test the cart and it's definitely fast and climbs well.

Solid 30 mph on flat road, drops to 15 mph going up some hills and 32 mph down. The hill climbing ability is disappointing, dropping from 32 to 15 is drastic.

I had a friend of mine who has a 2014 Club Car with 500a Alltrax and Admiral A2 motor ride around with me. He's been fighting his build with a different cart builder and they're swapping parts with little to no changes. They've swapped controller, motors, tires etc. With all the upgrades he couldn't keep up on the flat or going up hills but did pull away from me a little going down the hills. Tomorrow he's bringing him a Plum Quick motor, not sure if they're changing the controller.

Maybe there's good reason but I just don't understand why anyone would want a Club Car versus and RXV. This stock controller programmed by BobBoyce and stock motor outperformed the $1200 modified Club Car by alot.

BobBoyce ... first off, thank you for your contribution to this forum and for all the help you've given me. I would love to hear your opinion on improving the hill climbing.
What gives it away is the fact that speed regulation is faster downhill vs uphill or flat. There is no tweaking that will solve that, it's just running out of current climbing the hills. Hill climbing ability is current related. Even with your controller turned up to 100% of its raated capacity, it still limits at 235 Amps per phase (705 Amps combined). I never turn them up more than that, otherwise we risk burning out the controller. If that is not enough current, switching to a reprogrammed 350 Amp upgrade Curtis controller can deliver 350 Amps per phase (1050 Amps combined), and that will not slow down so much on hills. Another option is to reduce weight by getting rid of the lead/acid batteries and go with a Lithium pack. Less weight means better performance, including hill climbs. Smaller tires will also lose less speed on hills, but reduce top speed. Your hills must be pretty steep to drop that much. On the roads around here, I lose about 2-3 MPH from the top end on most of the roads I drive on, but I also have a lithium pack.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO