lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #1
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Default What all is interchangable between marathon medalist txt and pds carts?

I just bought a couple of stripped down pds carts... can a txt series motor bolt up to a pds differential? any concerns doing this? I was thinking of just converting it to a txt cart since txt parts are cheaper and more readily available? thoughts? issues? thanks dave
texman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2018, 12:03 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: What all is interchangable between marathon medalist txt and pds carts?

As long as the axle is the same type, the series and sepex motors will both bolt on. Just be sure to do the whole thing, sepex motors are not compatible with series controllers and vice-versa. If the next question is "where does the PDS f&r switch hook to the series controller?", It doesn't.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What all is interchangable between marathon medalist txt and pds carts?

TXT is the platform Ezgo has used since 1995 upon which many drive systems are built on. The previous platform was called the Marathon.
The following models were built on the TXT platform. They are all TXTs but they have very different drive or operating systems:
Series
DCS
PDS
PDS 2
All of these TXTs share the same frame, front end, and trans-axle within the same year. A series motor will bolt into any one of these carts but will only operate with a series drive system. The drive system includes the controller and F&R switching device. Electrically all of these carts share the same throttle, charge, and ignition devices.
These TXT carts also share body components within the same year. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
TXT is the platform Ezgo has used since 1995 upon which many drive systems are built on. The previous platform was called the Marathon.
The following models were built on the TXT platform. They are all TXTs but they have very different drive or operating systems:
Series
DCS
PDS
PDS 2
All of these TXTs share the same frame, front end, and trans-axle within the same year. A series motor will bolt into any one of these carts but will only operate with a series drive system. The drive system includes the controller and F&R switching device. Electrically all of these carts share the same throttle, charge, and ignition devices.
These TXT carts also share body components within the same year. I hope this helps
Thanks Scotty, both PDS carts actually came with controllers in them, i suspect they were flood carts based on some evidence lol... i already have 1 pds cart running, is there any danger to testing these 2 PDS controllers in my working pds cart... any potential in frying my working compnents by hooking up a defective controller? or is there a better way of testing my these 2 pds controllers... conversely what would it cost to buy a new pds style controller and motor from u, i have a new solenoid already and i believe the wiring harness is good, i need a pds frwd rev switch too... i think thats it, in the end it seems this is the cheaper route as it avoids the issues of a manual style frwd rev mechanism? is the solenoid for a txt cart and a pds cart the same?
Old 09-18-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
texman38
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
As long as the axle is the same type, the series and sepex motors will both bolt on. Just be sure to do the whole thing, sepex motors are not compatible with series controllers and vice-versa. If the next question is "where does the PDS f&r switch hook to the series controller?", It doesn't.
thanks! It actually looks like it would be easier and cheaper just to keep it a pds cart... that eliminates the need for a mechanical frwd rev. switch, it has a pds controller in both carts, do you know anyway to test them? i have a working pds cart, could i just swap it in and see? or do i risk frying something on my working cart? thanks
Old 09-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I don't really think you would fry anything major, but I have seen a bad controller wipe out the Tow/run switch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My parents dropped a cell phone in a salt water tidal river.

I told them to go back at low tide, and recover it. Told them to remove battery, soak it in distilled water, then dry it. Rice is good but they had silica gel, retired pharmacists. Worked just fine.

I've recovered a LOT of flooded electronics. The one thing that seemed to doom them was applying power before cleaning/drying.

Even after extended salt water exposure, a tooth brush with distilled water almost always did the trick.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO