lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Trojan T-105 core charge ?

I'm going off of memory here.......but is there usually a core charge assessed on buying flooded batteries?

I ask as I'm switching to lithium and my 8 6V 2012 T-105's are getting yanked!!

Thanks
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trojan T-105 core charge ?

Yes. Some places will pay regardless, and some will only pay as part of a sale. May vary by state. I traded in six for eight, so paid two core charges, Then a friend had a few school bus batteries just laying around, and he got more than my two cores were.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Core charges around here range from 12-28 bucks depending on where you buy. Some places will accept nothing but golf cart batteries. Some places take any battery.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Core charges around here range from 12-28 bucks depending on where you buy. Some places will accept nothing but golf cart batteries. Some places take any battery.
Around Houston, auto part stores will take any battery and pay a core. Some pay in gift cards, some pay in cash. They usually don't pay as much as a golf cart shop, but they pay the same for a lawn mower battery, motorcycle battery, car battery, truck battery, golf car battery, etc...

When I was getting quotes on new FLA the cores ranged from $25 - $28 each. Did not ask if they would pay that if not buying new.

If your batteries are still good, you might get more than core value by listing them on scamslist, er craigslist.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have an Autozone near you they usually honor core charge.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:01 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Local Oriellys auto parts was giving $15 store card for each core.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Autozones are located in just about everyone's back yard here!! Honestly, a 30 minuet drive in any direction will get me to the door of at least 5 different stores!!

I'll have to check and see what they will give.

The batteries are 2012....been taken care of well....but frankly are at the end of their lives. I couldn't sell these as "good batteries" in all good concise.

Thanks!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do a local search for battery re-conditioners. or re-sellers or recyclers.

These are the people that buy used forklift batteries and replace the acid with new and sell them as reconditioned batteries.

They might give more than the auto parts houses.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 PM   #9
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

Here in MS they subtract the core charge from the price of the battery when buying new ones provided you have the old ones with you. The amount you get is based on the size of the battery or how much lead it's got in it. You can sell them at the scrap yard and they pay by the pound. Golf cart batteries are $20 to $25. I've got about 500 to 600 pounds of scrap lead I'm thinking of selling I've accumulated over the years with the intention of casting bullets and sinkers. Got to buy some cart batteries.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:00 PM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I must be looking at this from a different angle. Around here people call a "core" charge the difference in price one would pay to buy new batteries with or without the old ones for exchange.

If you take them to a recycling place that is entirely different. You will get paid by weight. You need to check out what the market is in your area. The places that charge you a perhaps $28 "core" charge will not give you $28 for each battery you bring to them, that is what they charge if you do not have batteries for exchange.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO