lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Serial Number

When I bought a 2009 RXV salvage chassis, the factory applied serial number labels did not match the serial number laser engraved into the frame. I contacted E-Z-GO and they had it documented that the wrong serial number labels were applied. They used the serial number on the labels as the documented serial number, and the laser engraved number pulled up a record of the serial number mistake made on the assembly line. After sandblasting and powdercoating, the laser engraved serial number and the serial number labels were all history. I still have the photos of them.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2012 and serial number was on body ( right between your legs if you were driving cart) also on body behind center of battery compartment you need to lift up black plastic flap that would expose rear battery terminals. There is a tag there with year,model,and serial number. Hope that helps.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:52 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
I have a 2012 and serial number was on body ( right between your legs if you were driving cart) also on body behind center of battery compartment you need to lift up black plastic flap that would expose rear battery terminals. There is a tag there with year,model,and serial number. Hope that helps.
Yep, but that's a TXT, not a RXV. Totally different carts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

5009040 comes up as
Make :RXV
Powertrain : GasElectric 48 VHybrid
Sub Model : RXV Standard
Year : 2008

Yours could be a rebuild by ezgo that they applied the sticker on the steering column but missed the one you found. Not sure about GA but SC really isn’t that picky when it comes to carts.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #15
69Stang
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
When I bought a 2009 RXV salvage chassis, the factory applied serial number labels did not match the serial number laser engraved into the frame. I contacted E-Z-GO and they had it documented that the wrong serial number labels were applied. They used the serial number on the labels as the documented serial number, and the laser engraved number pulled up a record of the serial number mistake made on the assembly line. After sandblasting and powdercoating, the laser engraved serial number and the serial number labels were all history. I still have the photos of them.
I need to see if I can find that one to see if it matches the sticker. So it's on the rear frame. Top? Left or right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
5009040 comes up as
Make :RXV
Powertrain : GasElectric 48 VHybrid
Sub Model : RXV Standard
Year : 2008

Yours could be a rebuild by ezgo that they applied the sticker on the steering column but missed the one you found. Not sure about GA but SC really isn’t that picky when it comes to carts.
Thanks for the info.
I needed it for the insurance, but now I'm concerned that the etched number doesn't match the sticker. If someone stole it and burned it to the ground the only number left would be the etched number. I'd be screwed.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO