lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #1
pokerdave18
Not Yet Wild

Default Front tire wear

I have an 2011 EZGO RXT electric golf cart. A year ago I bought 4 new tires. Today the front tire are very worn, the passenger side a little more than the drivers, while the rear tires look almost new. What are the common causes of this this type of tire wear?
pokerdave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front tire wear

Sounds like the alignment needs adjustment. There are a couple threads on the alignment procedures for RXV and TXT models.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

some pic's would be helpful.

There are several things that effect tire wear.

first is aliment, you should have about 1/4 of tow. Front of tires towed in 1/4 more then the back of the front tires. this adjustment is made at the tie rod.
Too keep the steering wheel straight you will need to adjust both sides.

Is this cart lifted? I have seen new lift kits installed and 2'' of tow before adjustments are made.

Type of tires! some tires are much softer then others, especially off road tires.
Off road tires being used on the pavement will wear more quickly.

Driving habits! fast turns on pavement will act like a cheese grader, especially on these cheep CHINA tires, too soft.

More wear on passengers side. Do you make more left hand turns? Do you have a passenger the is heavy?

Are the tires wearing flat or on the edges? if more on the edges, inside or outside, its a camber issue. If flat wear camber should be ok.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
pokerdave18
Not Yet Wild

I think alignment is most likely the culprit here. The cart is not lifted or modified, the tires were inexpensive which may equate to "cheap" and the fat guy is me and I drive!

I'm having trouble posting pictures, but the wear seems mostly flat. I will get an alignment and see how that works. Thanks for your help!
pokerdave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sound like just a toe adjustment is needed.

Its a 15 min. job. Helps to have two people.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:05 PM   #6
ChantelLaud
Not Yet Wild

Also, please check the air in the tires. Even new ones may have been sitting for a while. This happens more often than you think.
ChantelLaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO