lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
haliday
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New RXV Ower question

What are the pros and con on the adding heavy duty leaf springs to an RXV EZ-GO GOLF CART. Does the ride change by having heavy duty leaf springs?
haliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #2
haliday
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New RXV Ower question

Sorry, My name is Haliday and a new owner of a 2015 RXV EZ-GO and I'm looking for tip on how to keep up with the maintenance with out bothering my husband too much.
haliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Welcome!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by haliday View Post
What are the pros and con on the adding heavy duty leaf springs to an RXV EZ-GO GOLF CART. Does the ride change by having heavy duty leaf springs?
Heavy duty springs will stiffen the ride when the cart is unloaded but ride better when loaded and keep suspension from bottoming out resulting in tire rub on the body.

Typically carts with back seats or cargo bed need better than the standard springs.

A good way to go is "dual action" springs which offer good ride when unloaded yet are able to "stiffen up" when loaded. This is old technology for automobiles and trucks but just recently available for golf carts. Not really expensive in the big picture and doable yourself with basic skills and tools. There's probably a youtube video of how to do it.

I have them on my RXV and they've been great.

Just google "dual action springs for golf cart".

Shop the site sponsors as they will have competitive prices and usually better than average service.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by haliday View Post
Sorry, My name is Haliday and a new owner of a 2015 RXV EZ-GO and I'm looking for tip on how to keep up with the maintenance with out bothering my husband too much.
Assuming an electric cart since you posted in the electric section.

Other than cleanliness and occasionally checking tire pressure there isn't much maintenance on the cart itself.

The batteries are what require the maintenance. In a nutshell, keep them clean, keep the water level correct, keep the connections tight and corrosion free and keep them charged. When you are done with the cart for the day put it on the charger. Don't let the batteries sit in a partially charged state for long periods.

Here's a link to get you started: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html

One other thing. The RXV may look like other golf carts but electrically it is very different. It's basically a rolling computer. Don't follow advise on how to modify it from people unfamiliar with them. Even simple things like adding lights is a different procedure than on standard DC motored carts. Before doing anything like this check here in the forum first. Lots of knowledge about them here.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Well said kernal...

Countless RXVs have been damaged by owners trying to add lights, digital voltage meters, cutting the backup beeper wires, and even just using a multimeter to read voltages in places best left alone like in the dash. They destroy the controller and the encoders that read the pedals, motor speed, ect.

The best thing about the newer RXVs with Curtis controllers... We can reprogram the controller to turn up the speed and performance well above the way it comes from the factory!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO