lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #11
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Faulty MCOR's 3 and 4

I tend to think it just comes down to their choice of supplier for the switch during certain production runs.

Many ATVs use micro switches for brake lamps that are held open when the brake handles are released. When you pull the handle the switch spring pushes out and the switch moves to the normally closed position. They seem to last quite a long time, especially on Honda ATVs.

The brake lamps switch in your car operates the same way, same as many other switches used in the auto industry (although they tend to be a bit larger in size). Some are duds and have to be replaced often, and some last longer than the rest of the vehicle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #12
Golfdog
Gone Wild

for anyone interested in replacing Micor 4 micro switches the originals part ITW 16-438008 is (I believe) not available as they are specifically OEM for factory fitting. A replacement appears to be the ITW 16-4044 which is available from mouser.com and is a 10.1A 28v as against the original 5A 28v mouser part#850-16-4044 at $14.59 The terminals are not pc board mounted so a small modification is required. For those wishing to save $85 or so it may be worth spending the $14.59 as a trial.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The switch you want is the ITW 16-304 since it has the terminals in the proper orientation as the stock one, but they are hard to find:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...A%252boQ%3D%3D
https://www.newark.com/itw-switches/...t-10/dp/23F182
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car