lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default What voltage does battery light come on?

The factory battery light was on the other day while my cart had been sitting a few days. Voltage was 49.4 according to my gauge which I then confirmed with my multimeter. According to the SOC charts this is around 65-70%.

Is it normal for it come on when the batteries are that high in charge? I thought the light came on closer to the 30% mark.

This is only the second time it has done this. Other time was right around that same voltage (49.3-4) if I recall. Truth be told that's the lowest it has ever been - we don't drive it enough to get it low. We charged it up and went around 10 miles in the neighborhood and it was only down to the 80-85% mark so doesn't appear to be any issues.

2015 precedent with 6 month old Powertron batteries if that helps using factory ERIC charger.

Thanks!

EDIT - not sure what i was thinking with coltage - haha
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default re: What voltage does battery light come on?

There was some discussion in another thread about the battery light coming on at a seemingly low voltage on the Eric carts. But that was concerning a cart that was being driven at the time the light came on.

Do you leave your charger plugged in when the cart is not in use? It would be a good idea to as the charger will automatically turn on and top off the batteries at certain intervals.

If you go for several weeks or months at a time between uses or leave the cart at home while you're out of town, charge the pack fully and then put the cart in tow mode and disconnect the battery negative cable to help minimize the discharge rate of the batteries.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car