lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #11
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ghost in the machine (04 36V PDS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzGoRN View Post
Is there any chance it might be related to the "yellow plug"?

I haven’t had a chance to do the latest test that johnnieB has suggested but I’m curious what you mean by the yellow plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #12
EzGoRN
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The yellow plug on the left in your picture of controller/solenoid. I think they call it a performance plug. You could try: putting it in tow mode, remove main negative battery cable,remove the yellow wire loop plug, replace negative battery cable. Take it for a spin...it will be slower but would be interesting to see if that clears the issue.
EzGoRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #13
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Ohhh yes....I actually put that plug in there trying to see if it would make a difference but it hasn’t. It has the same issue with and without it. Thanks though

Old 02-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #14
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The crimped connection of the ring terminal on the red wire at the solenoid's battery side large terminal looks a bit flaky, I don't see a pre-charge resistor and you no longer have no B+ to the beeper.

A slipping magnet disk will put cart in a reduced performane mode, but would generate a 1-3 error code rather than a 3-2.

As I understand it, a 3-2 error is generated when the voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals is not less then the voltage between the controller's B- terminal J1 Pin-5 (aux voltage). Two conditions that can cause that situation are the voltage at J1 Pin-5 is lower the battery pack voltage or the solenoid contacts are staying closed. Another possibility is EZGO screwed up and the logic voltage (J1 Pin-4) is the reference voltage rather than the auxiliary voltage. The voltage source for the logic voltage is the reed switch via a wire from one side of the cart to the other with a push-on spade connector in it.

I'd check voltage on J1 Pin-4 when cart is misbehaving.

Also, pull all of the plugs out of the controller and spray clean them, after giving the contacts in both plugs and jacks a close visual inspection.

Ok so I finally got a chance to test out what you said johnnie. Also just to eliminate every possible component I replace the main harness with a new one and also tried another known working solenoid. Here is what I’m coming up with:

Before is pressed:

pack voltage = 38.1
B- & J1 pin 5 = 37.34
Controller B- & B+ = 2.60

After pedal is pressed:

Pack voltage - 37.6 and slowly falling
B- & J1 pin 5 - 36.8 and falling
Controller B- & B+ = 37.36

Now everything component wise on the cart has been replaced and I still have the same problem. It’s almost like a cruel joke at this point! [emoji35][emoji35][emoji1304][emoji1304]

Old 02-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Have you looked at the voltage on J1 Pin4?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:08 PM   #16
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Default Ghost in the machine (04 36V PDS)

Yes I have..sorry johnnie I just saw your response...pin 4 is mirroring pin 5. Also I just noticed that the ITS is not passing its test. I’m getting 14.59 on the white wire before the pedal is pressed and 13.96 when the solenoid clicks in and the same at full pedal. According to the manual it’s suppose to be 1v +- .3v when the solenoid clicks and 2.7v +- .3v at full pedal.

Old 02-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilliams81 View Post
Yes I have..sorry johnnie I just saw your response...pin 4 is mirroring pin 5. Also I just noticed that the ITS is not passing its test. I’m getting 14.59 on the white wire before the pedal is pressed and 13.96 when the solenoid clicks in and the same at full pedal. According to the manual it’s suppose to be 1v +- .3v when the solenoid clicks and 2.7v +- .3v at full pedal.

It's 15V on the white wire and the 1V to 2.7V is on black wire.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO