lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2019, 05:53 AM   #1
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery Watering System

I bought a 2013 EZGO RXV and it has a Pro Fill battery watering system. It didn’t come with the pump. My question is are all pro fill watering pumps the same? I need to order one and I want to get the correct one. See pics. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redhorse34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
Binski
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Watering System

My RXV was the same. Save the money on the pump and apply it to a new set of caps once you remove the watering system. Not a fan. You’ll see a lot of ‘why nots’ here on the forum.

But to answer your question, you can easily find a replacement pump for profile on eBay
Binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:15 AM   #3
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binski View Post
My RXV was the same. Save the money on the pump and apply it to a new set of caps once you remove the watering system. Not a fan. You’ll see a lot of ‘why nots’ here on the forum.

But to answer your question, you can easily find a replacement pump for profile on eBay

Are all of the pro fill pumps the same? I saw them on EBay, but didn’t know if they all fit. Why are you not a fan of the watering system?

Old 03-28-2019, 06:25 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

As more people see your post, more will chime in. Personally I've seen more damage done by watering systems than I think they stop. On a golf course running a fleet of 40 -50 or more carts I can see where the time savings might be an issue. In private hands with 1 or 2 carts you are FAR better off individually looking into each cell. The floats on those watering systems have been known to stick. A float stuck closed means that cell never gets watered. People think they are getting water into all of them, but end up destroying batteries because of a cheap plastic float valve.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:26 AM   #5
Binski
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes to the pumps. Start at their website and look at the connector on your model. Then you’ll recognize the right one ... i found a profill pump for under $30.

The issue is consistency of fill. The cell floats can stick, causing the valves to open/close at improper fill levels. You will end up with one or two cells consistently under/over filled. While they save time on “fleet” maintenance, I’d rather maximize by batteries life by doing s simple cell by cell visual 1x month.

Best of luck

Binski
Binski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #6
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
As more people see your post, more will chime in. Personally I've seen more damage done by watering systems than I think they stop. On a golf course running a fleet of 40 -50 or more carts I can see where the time savings might be an issue. In private hands with 1 or 2 carts you are FAR better off individually looking into each cell. The floats on those watering systems have been known to stick. A float stuck closed means that cell never gets watered. People think they are getting water into all of them, but end up destroying batteries because of a cheap plastic float valve.

Thanks

Old 03-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #7
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binski View Post
Yes to the pumps. Start at their website and look at the connector on your model. Then you’ll recognize the right one ... i found a profill pump for under $30.

The issue is consistency of fill. The cell floats can stick, causing the valves to open/close at improper fill levels. You will end up with one or two cells consistently under/over filled. While they save time on “fleet” maintenance, I’d rather maximize by batteries life by doing s simple cell by cell visual 1x month.

Best of luck

Binski

Thanks

Old 03-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #8
Lochlin
Gone Wild

This is the best watering system in the world. It takes, literally, 1-2 minutes. I am always amazed at why people try to save that 1-2 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Funnel.jpeg (15.5 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #9
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
This is the best watering system in the world. It takes, literally, 1-2 minutes. I am always amazed at why people try to save that 1-2 minutes.

Maybe I need to remove the watering system that came with the cart. Thanks

Old 03-28-2019, 07:51 AM   #10
Redhorse34
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhorse34 View Post
Thanks

Are all battery caps the same? Vented vs non vented. Found these on Amazon. I have U.S. Batteries and they’re supposed to work for them.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO