lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 09:51 AM   #21
NEMESIS9
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1988 Ez GO Marathon

I’m trying to solve a the excessively hot exhaust issue on my 2 stroke cart as well. My *** feels so hot when I drive door any duration it’s like I had bad Taco Bell. lol
NEMESIS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #22
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMESIS9 View Post
I’m trying to solve a the excessively hot exhaust issue on my 2 stroke cart as well. My *** feels so hot when I drive door any duration it’s like I had bad Taco Bell. lol

I literally just got off the phone with the EZ GO dealer mechanic and he had no ideas why it could possibly be so hot with my putting a brand new exhaust, gasket, RTV silicone for extra seal. And mixing my gas/oil the proper 128:1. I am stumped!!

Unless this driven clutch spring is so bad it’s over working and overheating? But not even sure that would make since for where the heat is coming from. It’s literally the top of the exhaust and it’s just radiating heat like a MFer!! It’s a ticking time bomb with the gas being that close and I can’t risk driving it with my two little boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #23
newtjl
Gone Wild

Carb is lean. Make it a little richer by turning the mixture screw out a little. Two strokes run hot when they are too lean. In extreme cases, it will burn a hole in the piston.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #24
newtjl
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtjl View Post
Carb is lean. Make it a little richer by turning the mixture screw out a little. Two strokes run hot when they are too lean. In extreme cases, it will burn a hole in the piston.

Nevermind on the adjustment. Cart around said there is no adjustment for that carb. I bet that carb is running lean though
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #25
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Think I remember saying this before when you posted all the overheating pics, you need to check the plastic cooling fan blades. Since it got so hot before there's a good chance those plastic fins have melted too
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:56 AM   #26
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Think I remember saying this before when you posted all the overheating pics, you need to check the plastic cooling fan blades. Since it got so hot before there's a good chance those plastic fins have melted too

I checked the blades last year when we were talking and they were ok. It’s really weird, the engine itself is not the part getting hot, I can touch it after a short drive. It’s the exhaust that is radiating heat like crazy. It’s completely sealed up with a gasket and RTV silicone now, too.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:34 AM   #27
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Oh ok good on the cooling fan fins, maybe pull the tins off and check for blockage......

But you don't think the engine itself is overheating just the exhaust?

I want to say a lean condition also but the engine would get hot too, have you ever bbq'd the muffler? I see new muffler's are still available for the 88's but ain't cheap at $260ish so I wouldn't do that.........yet
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #28
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Oh ok good on the cooling fan fins, maybe pull the tins off and check for blockage......

But you don't think the engine itself is overheating just the exhaust?

I want to say a lean condition also but the engine would get hot too, have you ever bbq'd the muffler? I see new muffler's are still available for the 88's but ain't cheap at $260ish so I wouldn't do that.........yet

I guess I’m not entirely sure if the engine is overheating but it doesn’t seem like it. I can hold my hand well above the top of muffler and it is extremely hot not even touching it. The engine area doesn’t get as hot.

Well..I BBQd my muffler last summer when I was having the issues. This summer I just installed a brand new muffler and gasket on this thing..makes no sense why it’s still that hot and back firing when I ease off the gas pedal.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #29
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrouch023 View Post
I guess I’m not entirely sure if the engine is overheating but it doesn’t seem like it. I can hold my hand well above the top of muffler and it is extremely hot not even touching it. The engine area doesn’t get as hot.

Well..I BBQd my muffler last summer when I was having the issues. This summer I just installed a brand new muffler and gasket on this thing..makes no sense why it’s still that hot and back firing when I ease off the gas pedal.

Just went for a ride to confirm. I can hold my hand on the actually motor as short of distance as I am going. But the muffler/exhaust is HOT HOT HOT even holding my hand 12 inches above it I can feel it pumping heat. In fact.. look what it is doing to my seat!!

Old 06-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #30
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Post a picture of your carburetor. That is not an 88 muffler.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO