lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power to solenoid nothing when press gas

What did the voltage drop to when stepping on the pedal?

Did you check the fuse?

What is the voltage on the small solenoid terminal while stepping on the pedal?

Follow the large cable from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid. What is the voltage there with the pedal up, and down?

Set the switch to forward. Get jumper cables. Jump directly to the starter. F2 hooks to the positive battery. A1 hooks to the negative battery. Did the starter turn?
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 PM   #12
bigredfishdad
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
What did the voltage drop to when stepping on the pedal? Nothing no change

Did you check the fuse? Yes

What is the voltage on the small solenoid terminal while stepping on the pedal? Not sure if I tested it right but nothing it doesn't get power so doesn't engage but even when I jump the two large terminals nothing happens.

Follow the large cable from the positive battery terminal to the solenoid. What is the voltage there with the pedal up, and down? Same 12V no change when pedal pushed

Set the switch to forward. Get jumper cables. Jump directly to the starter. F2 hooks to the positive battery. A1 hooks to the negative battery. Did the starter turn? Started turning
see answers in blue
bigredfishdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Are you using the neutral safety switch that is located on the lower passenger side of the forward/ reverse switch? If so, make sure it is connected good, and showing continuity.

Take your jumper cable again. Connect to the positive battery post, and the large lug of the solenoid that is connected to the battery cable. Step on the pedal. Did everything work? If so, replace the positive battery cable.

If not, we will trace every wire in the activation circuit.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:42 PM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

If bypassing the battery cable doesn't fix it, it's going to be a bad ground on one of the large cables.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:27 AM   #15
petero
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem. try connecting a battery charger.Even if the battery is showing fully charged it could still be stuffed. Had me tearing my hair out. If it spins with the charger on replace the battery
petero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:02 PM   #16
bigredfishdad
Not Yet Wild

i don't get it ... this thing was running great. We were even driving it around as is with no trim, plastics, top just bare naked. I parked it to paint and it of course sits for a few months and now it is not moving. I tried the stuff in the last post and nothing so I went back and tried the F2/A1 and now nothing but a few sparks when I attach the jumper cable to A1. I am going to take all the nuts off the state and clean them and reattach but I did loosen a little tonight and give them a little wiggle back and forth because they are very rusty and nasty looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200715_203542.jpg (253.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #17
bigredfishdad
Not Yet Wild

Finally started looking at this again. I traced everything I could find and no broken wires or anything I was incorrect above. (I removed the exhaust so I had more room to tinker) It still turns over and starts with direct power to F2 and A1 but I can't get it to go any other way. The question about the neutral switch I do not know there is a red wire connecting the left and right side of the F/R area that might mean someone jumped the switches in the past. Although I have changed nothing on the wiring just painted the cart and after sitting it does not go. No click in the solenoid or anything even if you jump the solenoid nothing only way to make it go is direct power to the F2/A1 on the starter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (232.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #18
bigredfishdad
Not Yet Wild

STUPID!! STUPID!!! STUPID!!!!!

Sooooooo.... remember I said I didn't change anything (except removing the battery to paint) Well the original owner had a nice heavy red cable for the negative that went from the bottom lug on the FNR switch well since I had it taken apart for almost a year I just slapped the battery back in hooked up black to neg red to pos and well wouldn't you think that was the issue!!!! luckily when I switched it up the solenoid clicks and motor spins try to run I just need to put it back together and get some gas and hopefully it will go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO