lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #1
69mock1
Not Yet Wild

Default New to the forum/1st post.. Some issues.

Im new to the forum and golf carts in general so im looking forward to learning from all of you.

My cart:

2016 Club Car Precedent 48v with ERIC Charger w/OEM Speed code 4 unlock

- Serial Number JE1613-633671

- Supposedly 2019 batteries. Six 8 cell batteries

Purchased it this past July 2020

I did all of the upgrades myself to save a few bucks..

- SGC 6” HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE A-ARM SUSPENSION LIFT KIT FOR CLUB
CAR PRECEDENT GOLF CART (2004+)
- 4 leaf rear springs
- 2 new outer tie-rods
- 12 x 7 Chrome Vampire Aluminum Polished Rims
- 22" Mud-Terrain Tires
- LED front and rear headlights/Tailights
- 48v/12v transformer
- Dash Panel Glove Box insert with built in master shutoff toggle switch
- Rocker Switches to control accessories i.e light kit (for now)
- LED 48v Battery Volt meter
- 12v LED accessory panel meter
- 12 slot bladed fuse panel
- Sent in stock motor to Plum Quick Motors for the Bandit PH upgrade

I THINK thats everything.. Its been a busy summer but fun!!!

THis is where im a little sketchy so correct me if im wrong:

- Body Style I2
- Excel Drive System
- Stock White Controller
- SEPEX
- I replace the mcor 4 with a new one

So here is the problem im having:

I bought the cart from a local guy S.E. Michigan that owns a business where they buy, mod, and sell these carts.

When it was first taken off the flatbed during delivery, i took it for a quick "down the street" ride before the the seller left.. (He had a few other carts on the trailer for customers..)

Anyways, everything seemed fine.. I new that was going to immediately tear into it..

The next day I installed the front suspension and the rear springs.. The rear was tricky even while using jack stands on the frame and a floor jack under the rear axle diff.. The I didnt have the balance point exact on the floorjack and when i removed the rear spring shackle and front mounting points the axle leaned forward angling downward towards the front of the cart coming in contact with the cement patio about 5 inches below the "jack point." Not that this even matter but let me continue.

So i get the left done, the next morning.... Havent done anything else to the cart including ANY electrical.. That next day i take it for a quick test drive. Granted the stock tires/wheels are still on the cart. I notice under heavy acceleration the cart would now jerk back and forth then go.. It seemed to get worse the more i rode it almost like it needed to be charged..

That night i charged it, then added water with ( i forget what its called) but i can service the distilled water levels in each battery at the same time using a primer bulb (convenient as hell). The next day you could tell i had more power and less of that hesitation however that change relitively fast the more i ran the cart. I chalked it up to needing more charges especially after adding water..

So a couple weeks went by, i didnt charge it but maybe one more time as i was busy installing the back ordered tires/wheels and all of electrical that you see in the pics..

Also sending motor out to plum quick for the BANDIT upgrade..

Since a few more charges that condition has improved but i still get it when what i think is caused by a voltage drop...

WHen i brought the cart to its final destination in Northern Michigan for some quad trails I created on 50 acres, at times I coudnt even get up a 35 degree grade/incline without it stuttering again.. I would watch my 48v meter drop drastically under load and I ended up feathering the throttle just to get it up the hill to my place...

THIS IS CRAP AND NOT WHAT I EXPECTED AND IS NOT ACCEPTABLE...

I HAVEN RUN ANY TYPE OF BRAKE-TORQUE load test yet while putting each battery on a Digital VOM....

Anyone experience anything similar to this and offer a "Newbie" any suggestions?

Thanks again,,

Mike

Looks like ill need to post my pics in a second post below:.
69mock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to the forum/1st post.. Some issues.

You may have one or more batteries dying. Some voltage drop is normal but you never said what it drops to when it starts to stutter and jerk.

If you see your pack at 49 or 50v and get to a hill then part way into it the stuttering starts, look at the pack V and let us know what value it's at. If the V drops too much then you will need to check the V of each battery (you don't need to remove the cables to check this). If you have six 8V batteries and 5 are at 8.4 with one at 6.2 then you'll know right away what the issue is.

Also, if the batteries have been abused they could actually be at/near the end of life even if only a year and a half old. Lead Acid batteries need to be kept at or near full charge when not in use. There is no memory effect in lead acid batts. A rule of thumb I always used, if it's parked for the night then plug it in.

But, sounds like you've got quite a sled! Congrats on the progress and welcome to the addiction!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car