lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default MCI motor wont run with air filter cover

I have a cart with the MCI motor in it. came in with a no start, found bad wire on the starter and got it running. cart would start and rev up in neutral but in gear it would barely move and the motor will not build any RPM'S. I have cleaned the carb, drained and cleaned the tank, adjusted valves, replace air filter and no difference. Ran with a spark checker on both cylinders and they are both firing. If I remove the air filter cap an d leave the air filter in the cart runs as it should , put the cap on it and it will run just enough to make it move. And yes I also checked the air intake hole in the cap. It is as open and as free as can be.....
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: MCI motor wont run with air filter cover

Well tried a new carb last night and still no difference. Why will this not run with the air filter lid? I am at a total loss.......
Old 11-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you checked compression? Worn rings, scored cylinder walls, hole in a piston, broken connecting rod. Those will run, but have no power, on just one cylinder.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Well crap,This is what I get for being close minded. Figured since it ran good without the air filter, really started right up had decent power and speed. So I never checked the compression ...75 lbs both cylinders
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO