lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
LiftedValor12
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default GX620 Engine Swap

Hey folks,

I’ve been considering swapping the engine in my 2013 Valor that currently has a FJ400D. I was given a large generator that no longer makes power. Shop said it was past the point of no (cheap) return, so I don’t feel like messing with it. However, it’s got a Honda GX620 V Twin that still runs. It burns oil and has blow by, but I figure if I can successfully rebuild it, it would make a nice swap in the cart. Anyways, I have a few questions pertaining to the swap. As far as mounting the engine, what is needed? Can I use the factory cradle holding in the Kawasaki? What has to be done for a clutch, can the stock one go on the 620? I assume I will have to get a different clutch spring that allows the engine to idle without moving, which one would that be? Any other upgrades I should do?

Aside from all this, what can I get out of the FJ400? It’s in great shape, hasn’t really been run all that much. Has no issues.

Thanks in advance.
LiftedValor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: GX620 Engine Swap

I don’t think you’re going to have much luck with that engine unless you buy a new crankshaft. Generator motors usually have a specific taper to the crankshaft that makes it very difficult to mount a clutch without heavy modification or fabrication.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You might look for a straight shaft crankshaft on E -Bay. I sort of remember that a former member used to machine tapered cranks to straight cranks on vanguards. Maybe one of the other vanguarders is aware of the ins and outs of this process
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:46 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Right now on E Bay there is a straight shaft Honda GX 620 crankshaft .It does denote it is for the KO series engine.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO