lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
frank3
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 Club Car 36volt

Ok guys, here's the question: what does it mean if the solenoid is clicking when the gas pedal is pressed, but the cart's not moving at all? It only moves if I connect the two big posts on the solenoid with a jump wire. Then it's all fine. the microswitch on the f/r switch seem fine by the way.
frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid clicks and no there is no continuity accross the big posts ...then the solenoid is bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
Ok guys, here's the question: what does it mean if the solenoid is clicking when the gas pedal is pressed, but the cart's not moving at all? It only moves if I connect the two big posts on the solenoid with a jump wire. Then it's all fine. the microswitch on the f/r switch seem fine by the way.
hooray I think ya got it
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
frank3
Not Yet Wild

I'll order a new one and we'll see. i'll keep you posted.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay, Frank have a happy 4th
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #26
frank3
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys, there's good news and bad news. The good news is I replaced the solenoid and rewired based on Oxfordlawn's picture (very helpful by the way), and things worked beautifully all day. The bads new, all of the sudden it just quit - stone dead. The solenoid has 18v on one big terminal and 36 on the other when in r/f respectively and 36v on the front, small terminal and nothing on the other small terminal (ground). However, it no longer clicks at all - no sounds at all. Again, if i direct jump the two large posts it will work fine, but otherwise it won't move. Any thoughts? Sounds like a fried solenoid doesn't it - but it's brand new!

Also, the wiring diagram for this buggy has a slight difference regarding the solenoid, f/r switch, v-glide microswitch, and charger vs. what the picture oxfordlawn sent shows.

In oxfordlawn's picture, the small red wire from the ignition key switch attaches to the f/r switch with the other two red power wires - this is obviously where it get's it's power. The small blue wire from the other side of the ignition key switch switch then goes through the microswitch on the f/r switch and then on the solenoid. The ground on the solenoid goes back through the v-glide microswitch and then on to the ground on the back of the charger input. (Question: where does the v/glide microswitch get it's power? or is it just a mechanical connection that gives it a ground?)

However, the official wiring diagram has the small red ignition keyswitch wire coming from the back of the charger input at the white ground connection (not from the bottom of the f/r switch). And the v-glide microswitch is connected on one side to the solenoid ground and on the other to the f/r switch where it get's power. Does that make sense? Should i back up and rehook it up more like the wiring diagram says?

any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #27
frank3
Not Yet Wild

hey guys,
I've still got troubles with my '92 Club Car. It's blown two solenoids now. They work for about a day, and then they just totally quit. Last weekend I met a nice guy who was towing a club car home. He told me that it was because I was charging the batteries with it in gear (f or r). I don't know that if it was in gear when charging or not, but does that even sound reasonable?
Any ideas?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think, You know the solenoid small terminals just need a pos and a neg charge to activate it right? Sounds like you do? One of them can be constant and one should be switched at the V-glide .......Yes you can trash a solenoid just by leaving it engaged for hours on end. THey have a limited service life. I built a cart for a lady who kept going thru solenoids. The solenoid was wired to activate when put in gear. Turns out she would leave the cart in gear because she parked it on a hill About six months is all the best I had would last. I stopped wiring them that way
Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #29
frank3
Not Yet Wild

Would it make sense that it would blow/fry a solenoid in a day? Then another the next day? After driving it only for a half hour or so each time? What about the charging while in gear issue - have you ever heard of that frying a solenoid? Also my new 6 v Interstate batteries together put out 38v according to my voltmeter. Is that a problem with a 36v solenoid?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #30
FairwayTrail
Not Yet Wild

Experiencing similar issues with 93 CC V Gluide 36v....have a 90 CC 36V also, one wired one way, the other another pertaining to ignition. Need a diagram the 90 running strong the 93 needs the ignition wiring......can I just wire them the same?
FairwayTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car